How many points to use??

jrycroft1

Hello all,

My points allowance is 30 per day. I am only starting today and am happy to eat 22. Should I eat all 30? Or just when I'm full??

Thanks, i've done this before and havent seen much results!
x

Hi there

Welcome to the WW gang.

If youre allowance is 30 you MUST use them, you can save no more than 4 a day but you have to use them up by the end of the week.

If youve been cutting back as much as that thats probably why you havent seen much results

Should I max my points?

Hello everyone!

Its my first time doing the ww diet. I'm allowed 30 points per day. Should I be aiming to eat all 30 points, or like today i've managed 23 comfortably. Is eating under my points ok?

Will I still lose weight?

Thanks x

Hi Starlight, thanks for the reply, i added a message earlier and diidnt think it worked, so did it again! Wow you've lost 10 stones, congratulations!
Even if I dont want to keep the points and i'm not hungry, I still have to use them all?

Thanks x

im not a WW person.. but f you have some spare.. and you need to use them.. why not treat yourself.. a milky way.. or something..? just uses up those extra points.. even a few biscuits to dunk in your tea (sorry.. im a tad obsessed with biscuits today.. lol)..
Hope you enjoy yourself here on minimins.. its a brill way to see how good WW is.. I mean take a look at starlight.. Shes doing faaaaab..
Hope you find a way to fit in those extra points..

Loadsa love.. Cat x x

I'm on 23 points at the moment and wish it was 30 sometimes. If you limit yourself too much you may find that you will be hungry, fed up and fall of the wagon. Keep to your 30 points they will soon decrease as your weight drops.

i get 32 points a day and i tryed cutting back to about 25 points a day and that week i only lost 1lb but the week after i used most of my points every day and i lost 3lb, so i would say to use them up.

i get 32 points a day and i tryed cutting back to about 25 points a day and that week i only lost 1lb but the week after i used most of my points every day and i lost 3lb, so i would say to use them up.

Not using your points can have as much of an effect on your wi as going over them.

You really MUST use the whole amount, unless youre saving a couple a day for a treat later in the week. Honestly I know sometimes youll feel you cant possibly lose weight eating as much as you are but you will.

If youre struggling, have some treats, a bar of chocolate etc. stick with higher point bread that kind of thing :)

i tried cutting back and didnt loose a thing, now i either save the points or make sure i use them all. Im losing again now and cant be happier!lau xxx

Hello everyone!

Its my first time doing the ww diet. I'm allowed 30 points per day. Should I be aiming to eat all 30 points, or like today i've managed 23 comfortably. Is eating under my points ok?

Will I still lose weight?

Thanks x
Hi every1.I signed up with WW online on New Years Day.I started going to WW meetings on 15th Jan.My start weight was 19st 2lbs.My weight now is 17st 7lbs.I want to get down to 12st.Im on the points plan.I was on 29 points,Im on 27 points now.Some days I haven't been able to eat all my points.

Hi every1.I signed up with WW online on New Years Day.I started going to WW meetings on 15th Jan.My start weight was 19st 2lbs.My weight now is 17st 7lbs.I want to get down to 12st.Im on the points plan.I was on 29 points,Im on 27 points now.Some days I haven't been able to eat all my points.

Welcome to the WW gang.

I think we all have days where we cant manage all the points, just so long as you dont cut down too many ;)

WOW musicmad!!!!! that is such a fantastic loss since January!!! well done to you!! how brilliant!

Jrycroft - just to second everything Starlight has said, I know your first instinct is to think the less you eat, the more you'll loose and I struggled with this when I first started. Im fairly sure that the reason WW insists that you use all your allowance is because your points are calculated exactly on what you NEED to eat per day (unless your saving a few each day, but in which case your eating them by the end of the week anyway) anyway, apparantly, because of this, if you don't eat your allowance, your body goes into starvation mode and starts to store fat i.e. it thinks "ok, I'm not getting enough food here so whatever food she does give me, I'm going to store and put by for when needed".

The very best of luck xx

Back