How many portions are free

lottieny

hi all i am new to this joined today,,,,and feel a bit lost i wonder
when in a recipe it says its fror 4 servings and free on EE,,,is it still free if you have 2 portions ??
thanksin advance:confused:

As long as you are having 2 portions because you are genuinely hungry you're fine hun. Its when you start eating free foods just cos you can that it starts to affect weight loss, but even then it wouldn't need synning x

is anyone finding this time of year bad ive had a really bad week and my weigh in is thursday any tips for me what to eat today and tomorrow

I don't think you'll be the only one Sinaed, just get back on plan and go to class, that's the most important thing. The worst thing you can do is feel bad and give up. It's coming up to Christmas and it's hard for everyone, yes some people will stick to it and still lose over Christmas, but I know I certainly won't and I'm prepared for a gain over Christmas because that's the decision I've made. Just don't beat yourself up about it and good luck at weigh in xx

I don't think you'll be the only one Sinaed, just get back on plan and go to class, that's the most important thing. The worst thing you can do is feel bad and give up. It's coming up to Christmas and it's hard for everyone, yes some people will stick to it and still lose over Christmas, but I know I certainly won't and I'm prepared for a gain over Christmas because that's the decision I've made. Just don't beat yourself up about it and good luck at weigh in xx
thanks a mil for the reply im going to be weighed in tomorrow night so im starting fresh this morning going to try behave until christmas day!! im going to be prepared for a gain i got a new weighing scales so i dont even know where i am do you weigh yourself everyday or only at weigh in?

Like the thers said its still free even if you eat 2 portions - BUT check that the "Free" doesnt include a HEX (eg cheese or whatever) as obviously having 2 portions means youve had twice as many HEXes.

I dont know why they call recipes with HExes in 'free' as you do need to count them and its really easy to just read it as 'free' and eat your HEXes elsewhere as well if you dont check the ingredients out closely :sigh: Pain in the butt for newbies I think :(

Like the thers said its still free even if you eat 2 portions - BUT check that the "Free" doesnt include a HEX (eg cheese or whatever) as obviously having 2 portions means youve had twice as many HEXes.

I dont know why they call recipes with HExes in 'free' as you do need to count them and its really easy to just read it as 'free' and eat your HEXes elsewhere as well if you dont check the ingredients out closely :sigh: Pain in the butt for newbies I think :(

Quite right. It is the last thing on a recipe, in small ish print!
I think it should be at the top, under the title and description so it can't be missed.

Unless the newbies can't read properly :p

Always states underneath the recipe that is free unless you are not have cheese as a Heathly extra and to add 6 syns.

Thanksever so much for all replys...yes iunderstand that a second portion
should onlybe eaten if hungry,,,, ,,i guess the few first weeks will be a steep
learning curve,,,haha,,,but i have been lurking a couple of weeks on this forum
and iam amazed how qick you guys reply,,and how much you know,,,
Thamks again for being there for us newbies
Hugs ...Lottie London

Its great if you make a 4 person meal because usually you can always freeze the leftovers and then you have a free meal when you dont feel like cooking. Good luck on your journey. All the girls/guys on the forum are great for advice :)

Back