how many syns do u have a day or week?

pip1980

just wondering. i have been having 15 a day or 105 a week but my friend who has similar weight to lose was told she should have 10 a day.x

I had always done 15 a day but last week got told to go down to 10, as i haven't lost any weight in months...Here's hoping!

I was told by my C to use at least 5 but to have as many up to 15 if I liked,
I dont have a set amount some days I use all 15 others I use only 5

I was told by my C to use at least 5 but to have as many up to 15 if I liked,
I dont have a set amount some days I use all 15 others I use only 5

exactly the same. i would say 'most' days i have about 6 syns a day

then on some days i will have more

and on naughty days (like tomorrow, i'm at a wedding) i will have lots and lots! wahoo!

I have only restarted recently so having 15, but I will reduce in a few weeks to 10-12

The guideline is between 5 and 15, I use bewteen 10 and 15. I was advised for the best weightloss to stick to 10 for the time being.

I am still consistently losing weight using between 10 and 15. I think its a personal thing if you find your weightloss is not moving at 15 then reduce, but dont reduce if you dont have to, why would you :D I can squeeze a few more treats in for 5 syns.

Each day I aim to have between 5 and 10- usually I end up with 7-8, and sometimes just over 10, and then more if I've got an occasion going on, so I suppose it all balances out! I usually end up with somewhere between 70 and 80 per week!X

I aim for 10 a day and then that gives room for miscalculation or forgetting to count something (My morning swig of orange juice is the usual one I forget!). That way I know I will definitely be withing the 15!

xx

I really struggle to use my syns (never thought I would be able to say something like that) :eek: -Im making a real effort to use 5 a day this week, some days its less -but as long as it averages out to 5 a day I will be happy enough. Even though I know I CAN have them im finding that my meals and fruit are keeping me happy -some days its difficult enough to wedge my healthyB down my neck :(
so I don't want to eat extra for the sake of it ...thats what got me to this size :p

Capricorn - syns don't have to be a chocolate bar or something you'd consider naughty, you can use it to make your meal a bit nicer, e.g. some mayo, extra cheese on pasta, gravy etc etc. Try to calculate some in as when your weight loss starts to slow down in a few months you'll have nothing to cut back on to get your losses going again.

Hope that makes sense? I ramble away xx

I really struggle to use my syns (never thought I would be able to say something like that) :eek: -Im making a real effort to use 5 a day this week, some days its less -but as long as it averages out to 5 a day I will be happy enough. Even though I know I CAN have them im finding that my meals and fruit are keeping me happy -some days its difficult enough to wedge my healthyB down my neck :(
so I don't want to eat extra for the sake of it ...thats what got me to this size :p

Glad I'm not the only one struggling to get syns and HEB's in. Sometimes when I'm writing my food diary I think to myself I should have more syns, but I really can't fit any more in after having a good hearty green day. If it's a few days before my * week then I don't have any problem using them :)

I always just have 10 syns a day, struggle to have that to b honest! Fill up so much with free and superfree food I never have room! Lol! X

i usually have between 12-15 ---- i like my chocolate at night too much

Capricorn - syns don't have to be a chocolate bar or something you'd consider naughty, you can use it to make your meal a bit nicer, e.g. some mayo, extra cheese on pasta, gravy etc etc. Try to calculate some in as when your weight loss starts to slow down in a few months you'll have nothing to cut back on to get your losses going again.

Hope that makes sense? I ramble away xx

Thanks Louise -it makes perfect sense :D
I do use oil instead of spray oil -mainly because I don't like spray...so I will "pay" for some things...
Im not bothered by mayo and things , or gravies
I think what I will start and do is use some extra syns on milk *always got room for a cuppa* :pand I like it milky ..Also the yogurts I have are 8syns (don't like mullers) -but worth every last one -so I will look at trying to have one of those every day :)

Meli -Im glad Im not on my own ;) -if I don't have weetabix for brekkie then I struggle with my healthyB too - Im not keen on using cereal bars on a regular basis and I don't eat bread anymore.... still I will figure it out... 2 sesame ryvita and a laughing cow light (1.5)will do
Thanks for the help folks...

I have 105 a week and deduct what I use on a adaily basis. IF I HAVE MORE THAN 15 ONE DAY IT ISNT A TRAGEDY I just have less throughout the week.Works for me. I try to save syns for the weekend and really enjoy it.

Back