How many Syns do you have?

Muffindoll

When I did SW years ago I was told by the consultant to have 10 syns a day, I did this and lost weight really well.
Since I have done SW lately, I firstly joined 1 group but had to change as it wasn't a good night for me to get there.
The consultant there and my current one advise everyone to have 10 syns a day.
When I read threads on here it seems that people have 15 syns a day. Most days I'm ok but sometimes I find I run out of syns.:sigh:
My question is how many of you have 15 and have kept to 15 and lost weight really well.
I know if I gave my consultant a food diary and had used 15 syns a day she would probobly even say I had gone over my syns. Even though it says in the book you can have 15!:confused:

well i've only just started back on sw but i think it used to depend on how much you had to lose-more weight to lose =more syns, but i'm not sure cos some of the plan has changed since i last did it

My old consultant used to say have 10 but I now do it on my own and have 15 and I've steadily lost weight. If you're running out bump it up to 15 and don't tell your consultant, see how you go!

I mostly have 15.
On the very odd days I am under 15 and also sometimes (rarely) over 15.
My weight loss is slow but I am happy with it as I don't feel I am missing out on anything.
When I want a really good week, I'll go down to 10 but I, personally, rather to 15 and be happy!

when i first started my consultant said i could use 18 (!) as i have a LOT if weight to loose! Ive never used that many as ive never been able to - i average around 5-10 a day, and normally have 15 if i am going out for a meal or i am on holiday etc.
I have had losses evey week apart from 2 or 3 (star weeks etc)

Thanks for all your replies, I think I will go up to 15 and just not tell my consultant.
I know that sometimes just going a few syns over 10 can be enough to set me off thinking I've blown it and then having a binge, when really I'd have probobly been ok because I hadn't gone over 15 syns.
Thanks everyone! x

I tend to use all 15 but it does vary and i've lost every week so far. I've had fairly good losses every week. My best friend is doing the plan and was having only 5 syns a day..she was losing 1lb a week. She ate exactly the same meals but upped her syns last week and lost 2.5! So it does go to show that sometimes your body needs the extra nutrients that your syns can give you to keep it going and burn the fat off!

The only reason i would drop down is if i started to notice my losses changing. We are allowed them i don't see why we shouldn't use them :D xx

Back