Extra Easy how many syns do you have!

Anywhere between 5 to 12

I have my full 15 (most days) and will drop a syn for every stone I loose, so when I loose my next stone i'll have 14 syns a day and so on...

why would you want to do that out of interest? there is no need to reduce the syns you have based on weight

Around 12/15 a day I guess, is there any massive benifits to reducing this amount as much as possible?...xx

none at all. Even if you did not use any at all you would only save 300 calories a day so not enough for even one pound of weight a week

And you are only likely to feel deprived and go off the wagon if you severely cut back on your syns

15 a day. It's rarely less. I use them a bit in cooking though, not just on treats. So say a teaspoon of olive oil, or a teaspoon of butter, or a sprinkling of cheese if I've already eaten my Healthy Extra.

Usually save 5 for a bit of chocolate though!

I've been trying to stay around 10 per day and save the other 5 towards my weekend.

I still can't get my head around the fact that we SHOULD be using our syns.....you'd think it would be more optional but at meeting we've been told to try our best to use between 5-10 syns a day. I always feel like I'm being bad when I do use them....I need to stop thinking that otherwise it's always going to feel like a diet.

I have roughly 10 a day, some days all 15 and other days less than 10... But Unless I am fully stuffed, I will always aim to take them up to the 10. It is what has stopped this feeling like a diet and more like my normal every day life, which is has to be if I'm going to remain here at target.

I have between 8 and 12 a day, sometimes more, sometimes less. Circes I totally agree with you, dropping syns as you lose weight is not necessary in my opinion. If anything, it's the portion size of free food that should be looked at. In fact this happens naturally for me because the longer I stay on SW, the less food I seem to need. I think my belly shrinks, as I'm not overeating anymore. I don't think cutting 1 syn per stone loss would be necessary either. 1 syn is only 20 calories, hardly worth cutting out but could be the difference between feeling deprived and having something for 1 syn, whatever that could be lol. Maybe jam on your toast!

Last edited:
It depends on your weight.
Average is 10-12 per day.
It is recomended to have a min of 5 but a max of 15 per day.
Mens average is 15 but a max of 20 per day.
If you are 20 + stone you can start on 15 average but a max of 20 per day.
Dont go without them as this is where you have the main part of your fats + sugars and you still need a an amount of fat when lossing weight.

Between 10 and 15 a day, although I try to stick to 10 where I can.
This week I've had more like 20 a day though :sigh:

Back