1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

How many syns do you use?

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Weekly Weigh In' started by taylorwantstobetrim, 26 March 2014 Social URL.

1. taylorwantstobetrim

taylorwantstobetrim Full Member

I was just wondering how many syns some of you use on average each day? Do you aim to stick to a certain amount and have you experimented with the amount some weeks? I am curious as to how syn amounts affects individuals weight loss.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. caroline1985

caroline1985 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st0.8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    slimming world
  4. xbecky11

xbecky11 Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(2.22%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I aim to have between 5-15 a day. If I go over one day then the next I'll only have about 3-5. On the average day I probably have about 9. I can't say how syn amounts affect weight loss but a couple of years ago I did slimming world over the summer. I lost quite a bit of weight on it but I really avoided syns, which meant that when I stopped SW I hadn't really mastered self-control with sweets and crisps so I ended up overdoing them. So this time round I'm making a concious effort to treat myself in moderation.

5. Gilljo30

Gilljo30 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    19st2.0lb
    Current Weight:
    18st3.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(4.85%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World Mostly Green Days
    I must admit I don't use my syns at all, but that's only because that's my way of controlling the sweet urges! If i used the syns I would find it hard to stop at the 5-10! Each to their own though! I still have a good losses :)

6. Phoenix_Girl

Phoenix_Girl Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st2lb
    Current Weight:
    10st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    9st2.5lb(45.57%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Extra Easy
    I prefer to have under 5 per day, I will go up to 10 although it's out of my comfort zone.

If I have something big planned or fall off the wagon a bit, it does at least allow me a little room without feeling like the week has been a complete disaster.

Not everyone does this, some think it's too low but that's just me :)

7. sunnyshine

sunnyshine Member

I try to stick to under 12, when I first started SW a few years ago I was told that for my weight, I should stick to 12 syns. So I've kind of always used that. Except when I was completely off the wagon. When I first did SW I would use as few as possible, but as someone else said, it really did not help me master keeping myself in check. Sure, I lost weight and relatively quickly, but I hadn't fully got the hang of all the SW principles. So on went the weight again. Now I am struggling with guilty feelings about using syns, but I know that ultimately it will stop me feeling deprived.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.