How many syns does everyone else have?

cocktailprincess

Still rockin' it
Hi all

I know I am allowed between 5-15 syns a day, but almost always have 15.

If I find that if i have got to the end of tha day and only had 8, I make it up by having some lovely small treat (usually chocolate).

Do others do this, or have a different view?

x

My C used to tell us that if you try to have only 5 sins a day, and try and stick to 15 at weekend but don't worry too much if you've gone over alittle (when you tend to need them more) then it will even it self out.

I usually sail 'close to the wind' with mine BUT I've had a c**p couple of weeks and have probably been up to 30-40 per day. How unhelpful is that!!!!

Reactions: Taz
I always use all of mine but if I have a day when I don't use so many then I don't TRY to use them all. I use mine weekly not daily though

I try to keep under 15 but if I have like, 3 or 6 early on I'll try and save the rest. I always try to save as many as possible for the evening because that's when I'm more likely to eat cause I'm bored.

Hi Guys,

I only started sw last night and my c told me to have 10 to start of with and I wasn't told to use them all up... do I have to?

Sorry to highjack the thread

Gail x

Hi Guys,

I only started sw last night and my c told me to have 10 to start of with and I wasn't told to use them all up... do I have to?

Sorry to highjack the thread

Gail x
Try not to have less than 5 per day. If you have less to lose then you have less Syns but you should try to have at least 5 a day/70 a week

So far I've been having around 105 per week (averages 15 per day) - which seems like loads! :)

I've been losing well so far, so I'm happy with that amount. If my weight loss slows then I'll cut back a little. But until that becomes an issue, bring on the wine and chocolate!!! ;)

I have between 7 and 12 it seems most days. It depends what I am cooking and if I need some for sauces or I just want chocolate :)

I have about 5 a day, sometimes I go up to 15, but we usually eat out once a week so I'm sure it evens out.

If you consistently have a low number of Syns then your body will become used to that level. Then when you have an event where you need more you may have to go over your normal amount which could result in a gain. for example, if you stick to just 70 Syns a week and you have a wedding to go to and use all 70 Syns there (easily done with a 3 course dinner, cake, alcohol) you then have nothing left for the rest of the week. you can of course for that week only have the full 105 Syns, 35 more than you are used to but still within the SW limit. But to your body, that would be excess and could show as a gain. If you always have 105 Syns a week and that wedding pops up you can still have the 70 Syns but don't have to spend the rest of the week on free food or feeling deprived as your body will happily accommodate the other 35 Syns.

I hope that makes sense

I have been doing sw 3 weeks.
First week i lost 7lb as i had all my sys. The last two stayed the same as i have not eaten all my syns
So i will stick to at least 70 a week now.

Can i just add that I dont have all my allowance and very rarely go above 3 syns a day. The only exception would be if I had an extra ounce of cheese on Green day at 6 syns.
My Consultant told me that this was fine. I dont bank my syns and never feel that I am missing anything.
I also have another 6 stoneish to loose and have lost just over 5 stone 8lbs so far.
The syns are purely there for you to have an indulgence if you feel the need to have one.

Can i just add that I dont have all my allowance and very rarely go above 3 syns a day. The only exception would be if I had an extra ounce of cheese on Green day at 6 syns.
My Consultant told me that this was fine. I dont bank my syns and never feel that I am missing anything.
I also have another 6 stoneish to loose and have lost just over 5 stone 8lbs so far.
The syns are purely there for you to have an indulgence if you feel the need to have one.
Sorry, I have to disagree hun. While this works well for you, your situation is slightly different. With a band you have some restrictions and certain foods have to be avoided. Therefore less Syns is beneficial.

I had a large stomach and huge appetite when I started SW and filled up on the free foods and used all my Syns. Obviously my stomach and appetite has shrunk a little in time but I still use all my Syns. I tried using less than 5 a day once and ended up gaining.

Syns are not sins. Sins are bad, Syns are the synergy of the plan, they are there to keep you on track and to allow the plan to fit entirely in to your lifestyle. They are no an extra, they are part of the plan and should be included as part of the plan.

It does seem that information from SWC's is not very consistent and often causes a difference of opinion on here but I also think that can be a good thing. Although we are all following the same plan, our journies are exclusive to us. No 2 bodies are the same and just as red days work well for some but don't work for me, some of us may find they can get on just fine with fewer Syns. I need all of mine!

Lol, not a long post Huni at all!
I agree that Consultant's advice differs, but this information was given to me before I had my band fitted.
I do the plan at home as I cant afford to go to class each week (had band done privately!! eek!)
I also agree that our journeys are unique to us. What works for you or me may not work for others, but its good to share the experience along the way.

Totally agree. I think with Syns it's best to stick at a number you can maintain. If you think you may sometimes need to have a lot (eg, if you have lots of social engagements) it's best to maintain that level every week but if you can easily get by every week with only 70 then stick with that. Always bear in mind though, when you plateau you need something to cut back on.

Thanks everyone. It's really useful to see how everyone else does it.
I have never thought of doing the weekly syns thing so that is always an option.
My only fear would be I would use them all in one night on a french fancy binge, and have nothing left for the rest of the week.

MMMMMMMMMM...........french fancies

xxx

Back