how many syns in M&S eat well curry?

hiya, iv put this post in a couple of places but really not sure where to put it so thought may be easier to start a fresh question!

Just wondering if anyone knows how many syns in an M&S spicy paneer curry from the eat well range

300g pot - 330 cals, 11.4g sugar, 12g fat, 3.5 sat fat and 1.35 salt

i used to be slimming world member and would use the site but totally skint and just cant afford it - was going to see how much it is to join online incase its cheaper but its £60 for three months!! i can hardly afford the food never mind pay that on top of it! Anyway, if anyone has any ideas or access to a syns calucator id be most grateful :) xx

I might be wrong but I dont think there will be any free food in that as it's basically cheese, so it'll be 1 syn per 20 calories ie 17.5 syns per pot on all plans. If you post the Ingredients list we can check though.

i didn't think it would be too bad coz there was only three wee chunks of cheese (6%), the rest was red onion, chickpeas, rice, spinich, peppers and jalfrezzi sauce - generally the eat well section of M&S is quite good for syns - although i think i might need to switch to having a green day today to bring the syns down as i think it will be quite high on red with the rice and chickpeas x

i didn't think it would be too bad coz there was only three wee chunks of cheese (6%), the rest was red onion, chickpeas, rice, spinich, peppers and jalfrezzi sauce - generally the eat well section of M&S is quite good for syns - although i think i might need to switch to having a green day today to bring the syns down as i think it will be quite high on red with the rice and chickpeas x

If you post the ingredients we can check.

You mention rice and chickpeas - these are free on Green/EE so if one of them is at the top of the list it can count as Free Food. If paneer was at the top of the list however it would not. That's why we need to know the ingredients so we can know whether there is a free food we need to use in calculating.

PS We also need the protein and carbohydrates value (not just sugars)

this is all very complicated lol

ok jalfrezi sauce (20%)(main ingredient in this is tomatoes) then cooked indian rice mix (17%) chickpeas (15%) Roasted Red Onion (15%) Garden peas and seared red peppers (6%) spinach (6%) paneer cheese (6%) Brown Sugar, corriander, rapeseed oil, red wine vinegar, ginger puree, punjabi garam masala, red chilli puree, salt, garlic puree, ground paprika sugar
Protein conent is 12.9 per pack or 4.3 per 100g

thanks for your help :) x

Carbohydrates? (not just sugars)

With Rice as a free food:

8½ Syns per pot on Extra Easy/Green

16½ Syns per pot on Red

oh my goodness!! well i'll know not to buy that again! it was good but not that good! luckily i've not had any other syns today and only had a dry roll (HEA) and tomato for breakfast so i'll stick to green the rest of the day!

thanks very much for working all that out for me :) xx

That's OK, I'm not entirely sure if you can even use the rice as Free anyway as it's not the top item on the list and I'm not sure what the rules are about that, but it was so close to the top item I figured it was probably OK. :)

Back