How many syns is too many?

Littlestar_kc

Good morning all

I've been thinking which normally is a fire hazard lol. How many syns should I use each day.

I'm going it alone on SW from home with the help of this very valuable site for support and do EE and use 10 syns a day most days which was what I was told to stick too when I first herd of SW and went to meetings a year ago but how comes it's between 10-15 in SW mags and some recipes from SW use more than 10?

What your thoughts fellow SW slimmers am I missing out on extra syns?

I've been using the full 15 most days, however my weight loss is probably a bit slower than other peoples (taken me 4 months to lose 2 stones) and I ahve a lot more to lose than most..but I am happy with that..so I guess it is up to you?

My C told us to use whatever we need that day/week. I have also been told by my C before that as I only have a couple of stone to lose I should stick to around 10. :confused:

I try to stick to an average of 70 a week, but if there's some weeks I need to full amount I have it.

Thanks all

All replies noted, I will stick to my 10 syns a day as I've only got 1stone to go now and maybe because i didn't have too much to lose at the start thats why it was suggested 10 syns a day but should I need a little extra I'll stick within 15 hopefully that should work out ok thank you all once again for the help.

By all means have up to 15 with 5 being the very least. Don't deprive yourself if you have the syns and you're hungry.

But if you find that you weightloss stops, then is the the time to cut back on your syns as you don't want to be cutting down on free foods :)

Sorry but I disagree with that and actually think the reverse. Cutting back on syns has minimal effect on losses. Even if you have zero syns you only save a max of 300 calories a day or 2100 over a week, so not even enough to contribute a 1lb loss. I think that if losses stop, that is the very time you should be looking at your free food portions and asking if you are eating the same amount out of habit. As you get smaller your body requires fewer calories and your appetite you decreases in line with that and therefore your portion sizes should also decrease.

Sorry but I disagree with that and actually think the reverse. Cutting back on syns has minimal effect on losses. Even if you have zero syns you only save a max of 300 calories a day or 2100 over a week, so not even enough to contribute a 1lb loss. I think that if losses stop, that is the very time you should be looking at your free food portions and asking if you are eating the same amount out of habit. As you get smaller your body requires fewer calories and your appetite you decreases in line with that and therefore your portion sizes should also decrease.

Great post. I have an average of 85 syns per week - the full 15 some days and less others depending on what I need.
There's no way I would lose weight now eating the massive portions of free food that I ate when I first started.

Back