how many syns on average do u use a day?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by sairz252, 12 June 2010 Social URL.

1. sairz252

sairz252 Full Member

im on the ee pland and dont think im using enough i was wondered what everyone else uses x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. dudette2001uk

dudette2001uk I will be a Princess!

Start Weight:
    18st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    18st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Mine can vary hun - anywhere between about 5 and 15 (with the occasional blip where I go over :giggle:). One piece of advice I was told is to try and use more syns at the beginning. At least if the weight loss starts to slow down you can reduce your syns slightly which might help to get the weight shifting again :)

Sian xxx

4. Carthago delenda est

Carthago delenda est Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6.5lb(3.9%)
    Diet:
    WW
    It really depends on the day. I've only been on the plan for nearly two weeks, but I find that in the beginning of the week it can be as low as 1 or 2, but nearing the end of the week (like today!) I find myself craving crisps and chocolatey/sweet things, so I've been using up to about 10.

If I make an OK loss this week, then I'll probably just stick with these amounts of syns.

5. sairz252

sairz252 Full Member

thank u 4 the replies im glad im not the only one who hasnt been using all my syn quota this is my 2nd week and the max i have used all week is 11.5 the lowest is 5.5 x

6. jo1977

jo1977 Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Normally it is no lower than 8 syns but some days I go for the full 15!

7. determinator

determinator Banned

normally I use between 8 and 10 .. ther have been a few days when I have used a few more and some less , as long as you use at least 5 you should be ok :)

8. sairz252

sairz252 Full Member

thank u x

9. malaika

malaika Lover of Extra Easy

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    9st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8lb(22.22%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    When I was losing I always used the full 15... sometimes, but rarely, a little less, and sometimes a little more.
    Now that I am maintaining, despite the fact that I upped my HEXs and was still losing, I sometimes stay at 15 but often have 30 or 40. If I start putting on beyond my target, I will cut back again.

10. libra77

libra77 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1lb(0.5%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I allow myself 15 a day but use around 12 normally. Went to my first group today and the consultant said to have at least 8 syns a day. Hope this helps. x

11. Donnie46

Donnie46 Slow but sure....

Start Weight:
    22st0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(11.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Green Days only.
    I usually have 10/12 syns during the week andalways have my 15 during the weekend...

12. Xassy

Xassy Silver Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I started with 15 in January and my weight loss slowed a bit and I'm down to 10. I don't actually miss those extra syns at all.

13. Honeyoc

Honeyoc Is a crunchy mama!

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating
    I like to keep mine at 10 syns a day or less. Sometimes I go as high as 15 but I usually stay under 10.

14. subs

subs Silver Member

Start Weight:
    14st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Diet:
    slimmingworld
    I aim to use 7-10 syns a day but if i really feel the need to use all 15 i do! (Depends on how much exercise or walking i've done and if i need chocolate)

15. IanH

IanH Silver Member

Start Weight:
    27st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10.5lb
    Lost(%):
    15st11.5lb(57.31%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World (but it ain't a diet)
    UNtil only a few months ago - i made sure i had all 15. these days - i go with whatever it takes to ensure that i don't feel "done by" or what comes along during the day. Sometimes that means 10/12, sometimes that means 7. Today it could have meant 2.5 until i sneaked a pack of reduced price sushi and a mini-milk in to bump it up to 6.5.

The thing is - if you need them - use them. if you don't don't worry - though i wouldn't advocate skipping them completely though. There are there to help you stick to the plan.

16. Chicklet

Chicklet Full Member

Diet:
    SW
    I can have anything between 0 and 15, it really does vary that much!

However, I do make sure I use all my HEXs.

17. Fray

Fray Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st10lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st4lb
    Lost(%):
    2st5lb(12.6%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I'm trying to use mine more as I'd usually have 1.5 syns a day, max. I have between 3 and 12ish but aiming to have 8-12.

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. Kristabelle

Kristabelle Member

Start Weight:
    10st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12lb(7.84%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    My consultant said to to try to stick to around 10 syns on average, start of the week i usually use around 5 but increases through the week, have lost 8 pounds over the last 4 weeks so averaging around 2 pounds a week which suits me well, i stone to go now.:)

20. moomintrolljen

moomintrolljen Will be thin god dammit!!

Start Weight:
    18st3lb
    Current Weight:
    18st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    My C always says use at least 10 is possible but you have 15 to use if you wish x

21. Alia

Alia Silver Member

Start Weight:
    31st11lb
    Current Weight:
    21st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    10st11lb(33.93%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Mine depend greatly on how I'm feeling and what I'm craving too but also where I am affects them aswell. Most days I would use probably no more than 6 syns but if I'm craving sugar then I'll use the full 15 and not feel guilty about it at all. Some days when I'm totally focused I'll have no syns at all.

If I have a really bad day and go way over my syns I still count them so that I can make sure they are taken into account with my weekly total so its not over 105 syns.

I used to use my syns only for sugar snacks like chocolate and icecream but I did n't think I was learning about having things in moderation (I'd like to get to the point where I dont crave chocolate etc every single day) so now I use my syns for other things like mayonaise, salad cream, snack a jacks and so on. :p

22. mum of 2

mum of 2 Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I wish I could use about 10 a day. Some days I do, but on average 4 days out of 7 I have gone over. Although I am happy with this as on average I have lost a little over 1lb a week which is what I want. I find its not snacks, but some ingredients that bring me over: 1 syn here, 2 syns there soon adds up.

Although saying that last week I STS, but I was naughty and did eat a whole tub of Haagen Daaz Ice Cream at once :busted: This was a one off and I wouldnt do it every week.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.