How Many Times Have You Cheated?

None so far. I came very close to giving up on the diet last night, but i will post about that later.

xx

Hmm, this is a difficult question to answer for me. I have been on the diet for 32 weeks now or 224 days as of today and I dont stick 100% to the diet but then I dont go overboard either.

For example, I dont drink just water, I drink dilutable orange squash with no added sugar instead of just plain water, and I use psyllium husks every day to make a "porridge" like shake. Also about twice a week i "treat" myself to 150g of walnuts and twice a week I have a treat of a cappuchino at a coffee shop and drink 2 cups of coffee per day with semi skimmed milk. I also eat a chicken breast and 4 tablespoons of pickled cabbage about 2-3 times a week, but I dont do AAM week, just SS all the time with the above mentioned added each week.

Now, I will sayI fall out of ketosis a couple of times a week, but I havent found this a problem for myself whereas other people might. I dont eat anything else but I dont go mad and binge either. Doing the above I have managed to lost almost 8 stone on this diet in 8 months, and at my WI today I had lost 7 pounds in 2 weeks. Having these "treats" mentioned above has kept me doing this diet when I may have given up otherwise, this wont work for alot of people but it has for me :)

Another thing I have found that helps me is what my CDC has called "eating by proxy" :D For example, if I am at a coffee shop with a friend or relative then I ask for a sniff of what they get to eat (usually a muffin or a piece of cake), may sound strange but my friends and family are used to me asking this now :p A sniff is usually all I need of a food to satisfy me. One time I really liked the look of a cake in a shop, so I bought my brother one and took it to him to eat and he described what it tasted like and I had a good sniff of it, really stopped me wanting one for myself etc. This may not work for anyone else but I love doing this now, and I am determined that I am never going to eat things like this again!

Anyway, sorry for rambling a bit there, just thought I would share what keeps me going on this diet for so long :eek:

I initially started Cambridge in march last year and didn't cheat for the first six months .... in fact I didn't even do AAM in that time.

However, I began to get bored, still had 2.5st to go and things started to slip. A slice of ham here, a cube of cheese there .... the weight loss slowed down and then Christmas reared its ugly head. I restarted in January 1.5st heavier and found it really hard. I was more 'resentful' and wasn't as desperate as I was when I first began.

I made slow progress in turning the gain around: Then I had a Depo Provera jab in Feb and it all went to rats. I gained 2st 9lb in three months and felt like cr*p.

I've now made a NEW start (won't call it a restart - I've had too many of those) and am on day 2 of total SS.
I know now that if I'm the sort of person who doesn't know the meaning of the word 'moderation' - it's all or nothing.

I can't afford to cheat this time.

Well personally it sometimes has to do with the amount of weight you have to lose. This is just how i feel. No dissrespect to anyone out there but my friend had 2 stone to lose and didnt cheat, my boss 4 stone... I have 10 stone to lose and went off the wagon at christmas. If I had 4 stone to lose... hand on heart I wouldnt have stopped because I knew the finish line wouldnt be too far away but 10 stone is just crippling to think of, almost impossible and very scary. My CDC told me today to take a stone at a time because it is very daunting. All weight loss is amazing but so much to lose can be a tremendous up hill struggle and too much to even think about.
I have cheated 3 times since November and not anymore til my holiday on the 28th July! xx

Very True - Everyone's Body Is Different!!! I Guess Some People Can Manage To Come Of The Plan Slightly And Still Have A Good Weight Loss. For Me Personally, I Think If I Did That I Would Be Craving More Foods And Would Be More Likely To Cheat.

I Have 4- 4 1/2 Stone To Lose And Am Hoping To Get To The 4 Stone Loss By Sept And My Hols. For That Reason I Am Going To Try And Be Good And Not Deviate From The Rule.

Had a glass of wine or two, but nothing else. I am also planning to sole source my way down to target without doing AAM. I have lost 3 stone in 6 weeks. This is my first time doing CD and I really rate the diet. If I allowed myself to do a real carb cheat, psychologically I would consider than more serious than the weekly tipple I allow myself when I need it (twice in 6 weeks). I have the prob that after coming up to 7 weeks on SS I am struggling to shovel three shakes a day down! I feel I could do on 2!!!

I know what you mean minime100, but we have to get that last one down every day.

Well personally it sometimes has to do with the amount of weight you have to lose. This is just how i feel. No dissrespect to anyone out there but my friend had 2 stone to lose and didnt cheat, my boss 4 stone... I have 10 stone to lose and went off the wagon at christmas. If I had 4 stone to lose... hand on heart I wouldnt have stopped because I knew the finish line wouldnt be too far away but 10 stone is just crippling to think of, almost impossible and very scary. My CDC told me today to take a stone at a time because it is very daunting. All weight loss is amazing but so much to lose can be a tremendous up hill struggle and too much to even think about.
I have cheated 3 times since November and not anymore til my holiday on the 28th July! xx

I'm inclined to agree MR ... as I said, I did the first 6 months without a hiccup and lost 6 stone. But the thought of having to be on it for yet another four months was quite hard and, like you, I fell off the wagon at Christmas.

I think the longer you have to be on it, the more likely it is you'll slip. Just my opinion though :)

I only want to be on the diet for about 3 - 4 months so that i am ready for uni and i can concentrate on my work and other health problems. But i am not losing very much which is dissapointing since i am sticking with the diet 100%.

I agree that it would be more difficult not to cheat if you are planning to be on CD for several months, it takes alot of will power and determination. I know i would probably have a little cheat here and there if i had to diet for that long. But right now i am not planning on cheating at all. It is very tough with the dissapointing low losses and feeling its not worth sacrificing my food but its the only way i will lose weight. I really want to be healthy again.

Stay strong people, the diet is only for a fraction of your life and the rest you can live being happier, healthier and more confident. Losing the weight will also be a great achievement and something you will be very proud of.

Hope everyone is doing well. :) xx

Back