How Much Can I Expect to Lose?

Fr00b

Hi girls... and boys! :)

Hope you are all well...

I'm on day 2 and so far, so good! I was feeling a little light-headed last night but today I feel fine... even managed to watch friends eating huge plates of cheesey pasta and not be tempted! The thing that I am finding hardest is not missing meals but almost forgetting that I'm doing LT and going to pop things in my mouth... like the baby's food etc!

Anyway, my question is... how much quickly have those with a lot of weight (I have a BMI of 41) to lose been shifting it? My G.P. told me the average is approx 5lbs a week and I'm wondering if that sounds about right?

Thanks!

Hi and welcome!
It seems to vary. My pharmacist says a stone a month. I am on day 8 and have already lost 12lbs.
It is really interesting to look through the threads. In their signature people tend to say what they have been losing week on week. It looks like it varies from person to person, week to week. All I can say is they are getting rid of sh** loads of weight!!
Good luck and stick with it, it does get easier
xx

If it is your first week you will lose your glycogen (7lbs) and then some if your BMI is high...so anywhere between 7 and 14 pounds I would say, maybe more...unsure as everyone is different (metabolism, etc)

Average is about 5 pounds per week, I lost 5.5 per week average when I did lipotrim and lighterlife, my BMI was just over 30 on lighterlife and it was 28 when I did lipotrim a few years later (whoops, YES I put some of the eight back on and have yo-yoed over the years)

a stone a month for females and 1 1/2 for geezers , all approx

Wow, 12lbs in 8 days... that's amazing, well done!

A stone per month is a huge amount of weight, I can't wait for my first weigh-in... how different that feels to my 'Weight Watchers' days when I used to absolutely dread weigh-ins because my 1lb loss just did not seem worth it after a week of deprivation!

Thanks for your replies! It really does seem to work then? You have all done so well... I hope I will be as successful!

i started with a bmi of 43 and it took me 22 weeks on total food replacement to lose 8 and a half stone but it really did vary week to week, some weeks i lost 4 or 5lbs other weeks i would lose 2lbs so i think it really does depend on retaining water,how much water you drink etc and i think trying to do some light exercise helped me some weeks. good luck hun xxxxxx

8 and a half stone is what I need to lose... it seems mammoth at the moment but when you think about it terms of weeks, you did it in less than 6 months - that is mega impressive, well done!

I was wondering about exercise... don't think I have the energy at the moment but maybe once ketosis kicks in I will do... worried I might faint or something though!

just dont be disappointed when you lose a pound in a week, it really is swings and roundabouts and we are all built differently. You will have good weeks and bad ones!

:(Dont worry I get use to been ignored:cry:

8 and a half stone is what I need to lose... it seems mammoth at the moment but when you think about it terms of weeks, you did it in less than 6 months - that is mega impressive, well done!

I was wondering about exercise... don't think I have the energy at the moment but maybe once ketosis kicks in I will do... worried I might faint or something though!

yes take it easy hun, i didnt have alot of energy at all to be honest but used to just do a bit of walking or something light like that, it doesn't have to be anything that will push you too hard and only do any kind of exercise if you feel up to it,not good to push yourself.:D

look forward to hearing about your losses in the weeks to come xxxxx

just dont be disappointed when you lose a pound in a week, it really is swings and roundabouts and we are all built differently. You will have good weeks and bad ones!

My biggest worry (well, apart from putting it all back on again) is how I will cope emotionally with 'not losing enough' one week... I'm going to need to find a way to stay motivated because I know there will be disappointing weeks...

No good saying any different, you will have some low losses some weeks, but you need to remember that the following week you could have a much better one. I'm on week 6 and as you can see i've lost almost 2 and a half stone in 5 weeks and thats with having 2 weeks healthy eating over xmas and new year so keep with the programme stay solid keep reminding yourself of the reasons you are doing this and that for a few months at this and your'll be healthier and looking fab, I've got around 9 stone more to loose. Good luck you can do it!

Dont forget to drink plenty and have all three shakes and nothing else but black tea and coffee....it does get easier to deal with.

Back