How much chicken on AAM?

Hello....im a bit confused. My CDC has advised me to have an AAM week but when I asked her about the size of the portions she didnt seem sure...she told me to check the booklet that she gave me. I had a look at this and couldnt work out which step showed the portion amounts for AAM. So I sent her a text asking which I should follow and she advised Step 1b....this says you are allowed 120g chicken and 2tbsp veg for the meal...but after checking around on here it looks like you are only allowed 50g or 2oz of chicken during AAM? Can anyone clarify what it is I'm supposed to having...there's quite a big difference to what my CDC has told me??

Thanks

xxxxxxx

Unfortunately it is only 2oz of chicken. There's a sticky at the top which should tell you all about it.

Hmmmm.... I only started 11 days ago and it's changed since I started so there isn't a AAMW now until after 12 weeks BUT I believe it is excatly the same... 120g's of chicken.
Couldn't tell you if that's raw or cooked weight though... be good to see the answer though. x

Hi Jenny,
Here's the sticky:
You have all your packs as normal and on top of that you have a small meal consisting of.....

Protein

11g/4oz cottage cheese (reduced fat)
50g/2oz chicken or turkey breast without skin
80g/3oz cod, haddock or other white fish
80g/3oz quorn
60g/2.5oz soft tofu opr 120g(5oz) firm tofu

and...

Veg

2 tablespoons of one of the following...

green salad leaves eg. roquette, lambs lettuce watercress, raddiccio, little gem/romain lettuces.

celery, cucumber or red raddishes

courgettes or marrow

broccoli, cauliflower or any cabbage including pickled cabbage.

spinach, kale, turnip or taro tops

asparagus, fennel and celeriac

chinese leafy greens such as pak choi or chinese cabbage.

don't add salt or fat but add herbs and a wee bit of stock if you want.

Back