How much damage can I do?

lyndzi76

Gold Member
I've had a night off calorie counting had a couple of beers, chinese take away bag now on a bottle of wine. How much damage will I do?

x x

Don't know really you will have to wait and see, but as long as its not every night it won't matter that much, hope you enjoyed it x

It takes 3500 calories over your maintenance calories to gain 1lb.

It depends what Chinese food you had to eat too.

In the short term you may gain some water retention, in the long term it won't do much at all as this should be a lifestyle change and it's not as though you are never going to drink wine or eat Chinese again, all in moderation. Sometime the odd meal off will make the long term weight loss easier as you're not feeling deprived.

I gain even on a tiny bit of alcohol but I eat a takeaway or a meal out once a week and as long as it's only once a week I don't gain from it. In fact last weekend I had a huge greasy BBQ takeaway pizza and Chinese the week before and still lost 2lbs in 2 weeks and I'm supposed to be maintaining! I don't lose weight very often anymore so perhaps my body needed it.

Basically moderation is the key. No point in worrying after you've eaten or drank it he he.

We have to loosen the reigns every now and again, and as long as you enjoyed yourself, who cares. You will see a gain on the scales, but most of it will be sodium. Chinese is terrible for that. Chug plenty of water over the weekend and that should go.
Goodthings is right, this is a lifestyle choice now, and we all need a night off every now and again. :)

Thank you for all your replies well I've hopped in the scales and gained 6lbs!!

Plan of action of damage limitation is drink 2 litres of water a day, stick to my 1300 calories a day and squeeze in as much exercise as possible.

Thank you for all your replies well I've hopped in the scales and gained 6lbs!!

Plan of action of damage limitation is drink 2 litres of water a day, stick to my 1300 calories a day and squeeze in as much exercise as possible.

That will be mostly water retention because of sodium, drink the water eat your 1300 a day and check in 3 days time. I bet it's pretty much all gone.

I am doubting you ate 21000 over your normal maintenance calories.

I'm having a 3 course dinner party with 9 others tonight and I'm going to eat and enjoy it all. I know from experience now I've lost 100lbs that any gain will come off again quickly.

No in sure I didn't eat 21000 over lol.
Figured a bottle of wine was 700, 2 x beers 400 and chinese potentially 800 so I'm going to count yesterday as 3000.

lyndzi76 said:
No in sure I didn't eat 21000 over lol.
Figured a bottle of wine was 700, 2 x beers 400 and chinese potentially 800 so I'm going to count yesterday as 3000.

It's scary just how bloody fast it adds up!!

I go into such panic mode when I over-eat and then I let it spiral out of control! I go into denial and then get frustrated at not losing lol!
Good on you for a)working it out and b) moving on
:)

I think it's clear to me that I drink nowhere near enough water. I do usually get my 8 glasses a day (well, in 4 big glasses) but I think I'm going to boost that up this week and see if I can push things along!

Back