How much did you lose in the 1st week?

My consultant told me the first week is a fake measure of weight week, as around 6lbs is from emptying your liver? Anyone else heard the same? I was a little disappointed to hear this tbh....

They do say week one can be alot of "water weight" but it is the case for any diet, you have to start somewhere to get anywhere...
plus a loss...is a loss :)

;) Xx

I must have been holding a lot of water. I weighed in this morning after my first week on the Cambridge Diet. I've lost 18lb!! I'm so pleased. It's not been plain sailing but well worth it.

Wow 18lbs!! Thats amazing!! Well done absolutely brilliant!!

First weigh in last night. Stayed on Ss 100 percent.

6lbs off....a little disheartened if truth be told. Was expecting a bit more.....

camslass....your weight loss is amazing....are you doing Ss? You haven't got much further to go....well done you.
Are you exercising at the same time? Sorry for the targeted qs....it's just that our start and goal weights are very similar.
just want any tips you may have to offer?

Heya. Congrats on loosing!!

Don't give up xx the scales are moving!!

Last edited:
Supermummyd, if your stats are similar to Cambslass then you haven't got that much to lose, and I don't mean that to sound dismissive, but the closer you are to goal, the harder it is to shift the weight. 6lb is a terrific loss in the first week and still double the average Cambridge week! Most people lose a lot of water in the first week but, depending on your pre-diet dietary habits, you might not have been carrying all that spare water and glycogen around. So please don't get disheartened, just keep chugging away and you WILL get there.

Nicola, best of luck for tonight!!

Hiya I'm new to this.. It's my 2nd day on the Cambridge & I'm not going to lie... I'm starving & feel weak as hell :( does anyone no when il get my energy back & feel back to normal? Xx

Supermummyd, 6lbs is a brilliant loss for first week! Cambridge say on average you lose a stone a month so 6lbs in one week is a fab start!
yes, im on SS, i have a lemon bar for breakfast, a shake for lunch and a choc bar for tea, i drink over 4L of water a day and black coffee and have recently added in some green tea. I looove to exercise but since being on this..i know others still do it..but i have just felt worn out when i do..to be truthful this is the first week i have trieeeeed properly to do some!
my weightlosses are slowing right down at the moment, as countrybumpkin says the less you have and the closer to target, often the more stubborn it can be..but stick at it...i lost 1lb one week and was ready to give up..but the next week i lost 5! 6lbs is a fab start..nearly half a stone in just one week!! Also, you should measure yourself aswell..sometimes ypu will lose inches yet it may not really show on the scales..so your body is still changing and taking shape :) just keep going :) xx

Camblass, countrybumpkin, dablaksista....thank you all for your kind words...I am going to really try this week too.....I will now go and put those eggs away!
dont know what the deal is....really fancy a boiled egg!! Heheh....

does anyone know what we can sometimes pick on without coming out of ketosis? I know carbs and booze is strictly a no no....but a sneaky handful of salad an an egg perhaps??

have any of you had blip weeks? Are you all on Ss?

I have had weeks where i have struggled and on those days ive had an extra sachet, some people will have a small amount of chicken. Its whatever works for each person :) i havent had a blip week (as of yet haha) but of course blips happen, wether its temptation or something planned, i think its human nature to sometimes give into temptation or have a mind battle with yourself haha! And some people come off plan for certain days, events etc, life is life and you can't stop living it, you just have to do what best suits you! if it happens, you just have to brush yourself off and start again! remember why you started and theres a saying i like "if you find it so hard starting again..stop giving up" ..i also remember my first week and going into ketosis and how i basically turned into the girl from the film the exorcist hahaha so i dont really want to have any blips haha! Xx

Camslass, next weigh in should see you break through the 9 barrier.....hope that's me in a few weeks too. Was in the 9s in my twenties! Well be lovely to be back there again. Are you excited?

I'm trying so hard to be positive and if i can venture into the 9s i will be sooo happy but i'm abit of a serial weigher haha and the scales arent seeming to budge recently :/ so i'll just have to hope and pray and keep my fingers crossed for any kind ofresult! Haha! Any loss is good, but i guess we are all hoping for a bit of a spur :) we'll get there won't we! :) its exciting looking forward isnt it..ie..new clothes (smaller fit)etc! Your next weigh in will boost u past the half stone milestone :D xx

I went for my first weigh in...-12lbs! Happy with that! I'm really suffering with being cold though & have had to have a bath at least twice a day just to warm up. Anyone else struggling with this?!

Holding an engagement party this Saturday so allowing myself a chicken breast & some veg & a couple of glasses of champagne. Like you said, we have to have a life too. Will go straight back onto SS on Sunday. Hope it doesn't throw me off course too much.

Back