How much do you eat?

Yes I agree with Tracey, it's eating enough to not feel hungry and stop when you're satisfied. OH did an Asian curry last night with prawns which was yummy, but had full cream coconut milk in it! I ate all the prawns and veg but left 3/4 of the rice (normally I would scoff it all) which had most of the sauce. I wasn't hungry! Sometimes I suprise myself as to how little it can take to keep my stomach satisfied.

Hi Laura,
as mentioned by someone before, lots of good points here. I just want to pass on my experience. I have a lot of weight to lose, too (as you can see from my profile). Since I am doing SW I actually eat a lot more then before (My BF just confirms I now eat like a pig, lol. Ain't he nice ). But it's true. You should see the amount of pasta I can eat :gimi: ! I don't do portion control but just stick to the plan (I never leave anything on the plate either :eek:).
I would suggest though that, as you just started SW, maybe try green and red days first rather then EE? Just for your body to get used to it. My weight loss varied a lot since I started and any gain I had was purely down to me overindulging on syns (holiday etc.)! As for my weight loss speed, well, some people in my class have veery good weight losses week by week compared to me (my average is about 1.5 lb) but I am happy with that. Of course, I could have lost more weight by now by eating less but I rather go the slow route (it took me about 10 years to put on all the weight so I can't expect my body to get rid of it all in 5 month)

As others said, totm definitely affects your weight and next week you might find you lost lots (once I had a 5 lb gain in one week and lost 7 the next one)!

Give it a go, you can't really go wrong with SW! It WILL happen for you, too . Don't restrict yourself, that's why other diets fail, but keep an eye on syns. Also, it is always good to keep a food diary

To you and all the others, GL on your weight loss journey
B. xx

PS: Great thread! And sorry for waffling, you are probably all asleep by now Zzzz :8855:

Last edited:
Back