How much do you REALLY want to lose weight??

Lexie Dog thats so sad about your wedding pics!! I no wedding dresses are cut smaller and i was prepared for that but when they brought out a 22 and i could not do the back zip up that was the realisation for me!!
I loved the dress and brought it(was in sale) and have since worked since october trying to get into it( i now fit in it YAY) but i dnt wanna look back on my pics and think god if only i would of kept on going i could of looked fab so i have now started CD today and determined to keep at it too August and have just booked my final fitting for 6 weeks before so Im just looking forward to going back to the shop and the dress hanging off me(if you no what i mean) to wipe the smerks off some off them horirble woman that work in weding shops that look down at you!
sorry rant over!!

So, if I did this to myself because of low self esteem, and I want things to change.. what can I do to raise my self esteem??

Just also wanted to say lexie dog im sure you still looked beautiful and maybe one day you will look back at them and just say 'hyey i was bigger but i still looked great'

Just also wanted to say lexie dog im sure you still looked beautiful and maybe one day you will look back at them and just say 'hyey i was bigger but i still looked great'

People say I looked lovely - I just can't see it. I can just see piggy. On the upside I at least have lots of very professional "before" photos. :laugh:

So, if I did this to myself because of low self esteem, and I want things to change.. what can I do to raise my self esteem??

Why is yourself esteem low? What areas do you think you have that affected your weight gain?

Aha - good question!

That's going to be my mission for this week.. when I feel unhappy, or I'm wanting to fill my cake hole with cake, I'm going to spend a minute reflecting on what I'm feeling first.. and Why I'm feeling it - so I can locate what this whole self esteem thing's all about for me.. thank you for the good steer..

Vx

AWW i love this thread..
I want to this because i wanna be a yummy mummy im 25 not 75! allthough i feel its sometimes ...my weight make me feel slugish..i so want to be able to take my kids to the fair and go on the rides instead of making some silly excuse up because i know i wont fit on the rides..i wanna be able to bounce on the tampoline with my kids without the fear of it breaking..i wanna go into the the doctors waiting room and not want to have scan the room to look for the seats without armrests thinking i cud get wedged in the chair...i wanna shop in the trendy shops just being able to go into town and pick up anything i like and not be limited to the 2 shops that sell my size....i want to able able to wear my hair up and not have the wear my hair down to hide the double chins........the list is endless

I agree with what has already been said. I am angry at myself for putting all this weight on, and desparte to lose it again. I HATE being fat, I HATE having to wear a jacket, I HATE apologising for my weight before anyone has even mentioned it. So, once I have lost this (by July), I will have my AI holiday and enjoy it, then see how much I have put on when I come back, maybe do CD for a month and lose it again, then go on Slimming World and stick to a 'food' diet. I WILL NOT BE FAT AGAIN

Hey Guys..
I have just got in from a day out.. and read all your replies.. and everyone sounds so positive and so motivated and the general feeling is angry that they have got where they have got.. and I know Im one of them too!!!

So come on .... A new week ahead of us!!! Lets be 100% .. and every time you feel like you want a treat remember that anger (and remember its not a treat as it will just make things worse)...

We are going to be slim!!!!!!!

Thank you :)
For the first time in my life.. I honestly do believe I will do it. Not that I can, or I might, or I should.. but I WILL. I deserve it. We all deserve it. :D

I so so so want this. I want this so much that I am continuing business as usual, cooking meals for my family and not a bite ispassing my lips. I have baked cakes, muffins and a big easter meal this weekend and it hasn't phased me at all.

I WILL be slim, I WILL be comfortable in my own body. I WILL feel comfortable enough to get dressed up and go out with my husband without thinking everyone is looking at us and wondering WTF he is with me for.

I will no longer be a frumpy mummy, my girls will not inherit he issues I have with food.

I will no longer be a frumpy mummy, my girls will not inherit he issues I have with food.

This completely echoes how I feel. My entire family have issues with food, comfort eating and are all overweight. My h2b is one of those annoying types who eats anything and stays slim- I want my girls to be like their father! I want them to eat the right food for the right reasons. I want them to be happier than I have been for the last 5 years :)

Back