How much do you REALLY want to lose weight??

curlywurly1234

Cambridge Consultant
Hi,
i was just wondering how desperate everyone was to REALLY lose weight!!

I am on week 9 and just hope things don't change til I get to where I want to.

I am really desperate, so desperate whilst doing ss I would never put anything in my mouth apart from the shakes and bars I am allowed, theres something that just wont let me do it.. (I hope Im the same when I come off it and go up the stages)..

I really want it so so much I want to be slim, i want to look good and want so much to be a healthy and fit mummy for my little boys..

I want to get to target sooner rather than later I dont want to be on the Cambridge diet forever..

Just wondered how desperate everyone else was?

Last edited:
Desperate here too! I know its just week 2 for me but I just can't wait to start maintenance, though it seems ages away! Same here i want to be healthier for my little boy, I hope what I loose stays off but I know Im going to have to up my exercise to achieve that.

I am pretty deserate! Want to be well into maintaining when I go back to Australia at the end of the year. It sounds sad but it's the most important thing I'm focusing on at the moment.

Desperate? Not desperate per se, but determined! Oh Yes!

I'm actually verging on angry more than anything. At least anger is the closest emotion I can put on it. I just feel cheated at this weight. This isn't me, so why am I stuck inside this body? Well not anymore.

I know that every cheat, every day and meal off plan will be a shake, a weigh in or a month longer being cheated from being me.

Quite frankly I've had enough of the "bonny" "jolly" "cuddly" "curvaceous" and "rubinesque" labels. Its not me, its not how I feel and its not how I want labelled anymore.

Curly - I think the fact both of us have stuck to this 100% for 9 weeks just shows how much we want it!!

I just got to a phase where I though enough was enough. I dont want to spend the rest of my life regretting what I could of been, and need that change that only weight loss can bring me!

I really get that feeling of anger... Lexie, I can't believe it's taken me this long to feel like I am totally ready.
I too am fed up with the titles you describe. I am ashamed of myself sometimes as I am a little fattist.. When I see fat people and they tell me how hard done by they are, how they have XYZ that stops them from being slim, I think.. yeah right whatever!!
My OH has always liked 'plus size girls' This sort of always amazes me! I can understand the weight not being important but to get 'off on it' makes me think, urghhh... I no longer want to wear the suit! I am a very sociable person but for so long have felt embarrassed because I have not been strong enough to take control...
Now is my time! And I am sooo very determined to do this!
I too am at the beginning of my journey, but psychologically, I feel way ahead of the game.

x

I know what you mean, its like

fed up
fed up
unhappy
fed up
fed up

SNAP!

Something just clicks and its amazing to sit there and wonder why its taken this long

I am beyond desperate. I am bloody livid! I can't believe that I have allowed something as menial as food to control my life for so long. It makes me so angry to know that I have missed out on so much already. I took my kids to Disneyland Paris last year and I held the bags whilst they went on rides. I didn't want to tell them I was too fat for the rides, so I said I didn't like them. I love rides!! I am the perpetual bag-handler on any excursion. I am the photographer who isn't in any of the pictures. I am the fat friend who people love but don't really want to go home with. I am the life and soul of the party to which I feel uninvited and unwelcome. I am the great cook who secretly eats all the left-overs when nobody is looking. I am the one with the great chest..because it's the only asset I feel I have. I am all of those things and yet none of them.
I want to dance with my friends in a club and not feel like my body is awkward and ill-fitting. I want my walls filled with pictures of ME smiling with my children.. not other people. I want to go on fast rollercoasters and feel my stomach turning over with excitement, not flab. I want to go to the beach and paddle in the sea instead of submerging myself and risking hypothermia in the name of self-preservation. I want to be able to wear a dress that does not accentuate my chest..because I know I am so much more than that.
I've been trapped in this body for so long. I have wasted so much time. I want to grab the world with both hands and scream at it "Hey, I'm here, I matter!!"
I'm 27. I want to live.

You guys have just SO TOTALLY focused me on what I am really doing this for. I must admit, I am so unhappy at this size and so desperately want to be able to buy beautiful classy dresses and feel feminine but have just been playing at this for the last four weeks. Don't get me wrong, I have been doing CD but thinking the occassional "cheat" wont hurt. WELL IT DOES!!! and what's worse is the only person it hurts is me!! DOH! how stupid am I. So I thank you, my lovely, wonderful CD Mini mates, I am with you on this determined path 100% from this moment on. I love you guys xx

Wow, thanks for this thread! It's certainly reminded me why i'm doing this! I can't believe it's taken soooo long to finally make a stand and do something about being fat. For years i've kidded myself that i'll just go to the gym more, eat less etc but always find a reason not to go to the gym, work etc.. Always coming up with excuses not to really go for it and finally crack on with it, doing things half assed here and there hoping suddenly to lose a stone lol..

The final turning point for me was in feb this year. I'm currently training as a special constable and went for the pre-joining medical assessment. I knew everything would be ok except for my weight. The dr said he believed i could do it and gave me a target of getting back into the double digit kg's in 3-4 months. So to loss about 10kg's (think that's about a stone n half ish) in 3-4 months. And then go back to see him and he'll be more happier at signing me off as 'fit'. Well i've since made my return appointment for next month which'll be about 3 months after the initial visit and by then i'm hoping to have lost about 3 stone, double the amount he's asked me to do. I've already done way more than he's asked and down to about 97kg ish (not had wi this week) from 109.6kg in feb when he weighed me. This has been my main inspiration so far as i really want to do this but now i'm doing CD i want to do more and more till i'm in the healthy bmi range rather than just being happy with the overweight range. xx

hey guys. i'm angry with myself too. angry that i've had a year and a half to get slim to look amazing in my wedding dress only to find that a couple of months beforehand i've still not made it!! well there's still time and bugger if i am not going to do it!!

i have been on and off cd a couple of times for various reasons. my cdc wanted me on a higher plan due to hormonal issues, we had dire financial restrictions a few times (this year has not been a good year for us) but now i have run out of time. i am doing this now for me. i have the biggest incentive i will ever have, my wedding and wanting to get preggers (and not gain five stones while pregnant) and if my wedding and wanting a baby don't help me do this then i don't think anything will!!

abz xx

abz, you will do it, you seem so determined and you have done so well already. British Clare, let me know how you get on with the police doctor, and well done on your losses so far!!

I am feel the same as everyone else ..angry with myself for letting this happen to me, mind you I did it myself!! I just never felt any good about myself, really bad self worth.
But I figured I cant change the past, just learn and move on...looking forward to a brighter and SLIMMER future xx

god im tottally with everyone on this thread! Was suppose to start cambridge fri but got a job(yay) and then panicked that on my first day i may feel ill or people may look at me funny for not eating in the staff room so yesterday I didnt stick to it! So today is a fresh start today is my day and im starting CD!!! Abz im tottally with you I get married August and am really proud of myself as I have lost over 3 and half stone and now fit into my wedding dress(brought it too small) anyway I now have my final fitting with the seamstress at end of June so I need to be at a good stage by then! I wanna loose another 2 stone...more would be great! Im the same as everyone else feel angry with myself for not doing this sooner and letting it get this far but I think we just have to be prud of ourselves for doing something about it now and just think about how we will be feeling this time next year so proud of ourselves!!!

Same here too.

My husband has always said i love you the way you are no matter what (and he has there has been no difference in attraction etc for eachother) BUT he just helped me to condone my bad eating habits and being over weight.

I am desperate to loose this weight but have used that desperation to keep myself on track and motivated. I really want to be slim for our summer holiday and dont want to feel embarrassed on the beach or when we go to a theme park etc...

I have already lost 2 1/4 stones and my confidance is coming back and i feel so much healthier.

There is no way i am going to put this weight back on and i have learned that it is only food and just a source of body fuel.

Cant wait until i hit target!

wow. what a fabulous loss you've had so far!!

you'll get to where you want to be after a result like that :D

abz xx

I'm the same very angry that i let myself get this way.

My partner has never changed the way he has been with me and until christmas it didnt hit me how much weight i had put on, I am desprate to lose this weight, but also dreading trying to find a healthy balance once i finish, i dont want to have to keep coming back.

My partner and i have just joined a gym as he has put on a few stone too and we are going to start helping each other, want to get married soon and have kids which i dont think would be far if we cant look after ourselfs.

x

I say to people that its like the weight creeps on. Its hard to try to explain to slim people how you don't really realise whats happening.

I used to be a 10-12. Then I went to a 14, but that was okay because I still looked alright.

Then a 16, but that was alright because I was buying cheap clothes. And we all know cheap clothes are cut smaller.

Then an 18, in some things. If that particular 18 didn't fit, then they were just cut wrong, because I can wear an 18 in other shops. So I just stuck to that particular shop all the time.

It was when I got married and looking for wedding dress, I was shopping. I asked for an 18 and the woman just looked at me and said "They are cut quite tight dear". I said "Uh huh, an 18 then and bring out a 20 to try" thinking "I'll show her, size 20 will be baggy I'll need the 18"

I needed the 22. Unfortunately it was 2 weeks before the wedding otherwise I would have came away and went in asking for a 10 a few months after CD.

It sounds so stupid now, but looking back on it, I saw I was "fat" and heavy when I looked in the mirror, but I didn't think I looked that bad. But I didn't realise I was THAT FAT. Then I saw the pics after the wedding.

I won't show anyone my wedding album because I'm so ashamed, there are no pictures up anywhere and it makes me cry every time I look at it.

It does jus creep on you just slowly wok your way up and you forget that you used to look so much beter than that, its really had, but thats why i'm keeping my photos of me at my biggest to remind myself how easy it was to get that big x

Back