How much does it cost to train as an LLC?

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by In search of me, 27 March 2007 Social URL.

1. In search of me

In search of me Silver Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Does anyone know? Just interested cos people keep saying how much it is & cos I'm a nosy B**** now I want to know too!! Understand people may nt want to post this publically but fee free to pm me! Saves me asking my LLC who may be embarassed with the ? & think I'm after her patch! Mind you....only 6 stone to go!! LOL barely surviving week 1!!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

LLCs can't post on open forums (I believe) so it's unlikely you'll get an answer. Sorry.

4. In search of me

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Just wondered if someone knew!

5. skinnyjan

skinnyjan Full Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    Well .. I looked onto it and have the details.. about £10,00 to set up and £14,000 for the franchise.. so a blooomin fortune.. think it can be VERY lucrative though and will be very popular.. as is already!

6. DQ

DQ Queen of the Damned

Wow, knew it was expensive but didn't realise it was that expensive!:eek: Thanks for sharing the info :)

7. Pixie

Pixie Silver Member

:eek: OMG HOW MUCH!

Whats the 10k 'setting up' costs for Jan?

8. In search of me

Diet:
    Cambridge
    flippin heck, no wonder they go on about the cost BUT just think £66 per per week..must rake it in fairly quickly but still thats silly money! Gobsmacking actually!

9. nadhak

nadhak LIGHTER LIFE FOR LIFE

Diet:
    lighter life maintaining and occasional re-starting
    I would imagine the 10k setting up costs will include the in depth training and examinations required to become a LL counsellor - I know my counsellor had to attend loads of courses once she was established so there must have been lots of residentials beforehand?

10. Pixie

Pixie Silver Member

Isn't that bit covered in the franchise?:confused:

11. skinnyminny

skinnyminny Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st6lb
    Current Weight:
    14st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st3lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    W8
    Hey there everyone

I know Tootsie has loked into this and she says it was approx £14k so not sure about the other £10k that has been mentioned.

Seems rather steep doesn't it - I think you can certaily earn a decent living though.

x

12. Isobel1965

Isobel1965 Gold Member

As I believe it, it's not a franchise. Once you decide you don't want to be an LLC anymore, you lose your initial investment! Plus you have to spend about 5grand a year on advertising, plus run business premises etc etc. Megadosh!

xxx

13. htpink

htpink CDC

When i looked into it last year the total first year investment would have been about £25k. I decided against it because as Isobel said its not a franchise and ongoing financial committment in advertising and the office is required. Yes i could have made brilliant money from it but it would have taken more of a full time committment than i wanted and also for that sort of investment i would have wanted some sort of guarantee from them re referrals.

I know that they do give each LLC an area though unlike cambridge.

I went with cambridge and have been very pleased with my decision!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.