How much exercise do you do?

MrsFatBum

Gold Member
Okay, Im asking this question because I have been watching alot of Biggest Loser and they keep going on and on about the importance of exercise. They also mentioned something about if you dont exercise then most of the weight you lose goes from your muscles. I am getting a little bit worried that I'm just going to end up being a bag of fat :S

my cdc has told me not to do any exercise... she said to do some very light toning exercises etc. I am starting to do some toning but I just feel like it is not enough. I have alot of saggy skin and a big belly that just doesnt want to disappear.

What is everyone else doing? And how does it affect your weight loss xx

i don't do any. at all. hate it.

my losses have been steady and pretty much bang on the average. i read some scientific research that said that the amount of exercise you do on a vlcd has no effect on muscle mass. the amount of protein in the packs has been optimised for minimising loss of lean muscle, but that 25% of your losses will be muscle. however, this is comparable to other diets, and deemed to be not a problem by medical types.

i'm going to have to start doing exercise once i introduce carbs at step three. the idea makes me feel tearful.

lol.. sorry spangles couldnt help but laugh at that! i know what you mean tho..im not exactly a huge fan of exercise myself so i was quite happy when i my cdc said not to do any. i think i will start doing some toning exercises though as i have been on the diet for over 12 weeks now.

thanks hun x

Hey hunni,

I read the same as Spangles.... I exercised last time I did this diet, but it made me pass out, so I had to step up to the 810 plan - my losses were then the same as SS.

This time around, Im planning on shedding 3 stone first and then start exercising lightly (thats the PLAN anyway...I hate exercising too!) xxxx

I don't specifically exercise on the lower plans as it is impossible to tone or build muscle on those calories.

I have a fairly active outside life anyway thanks to my horse.

Also, I see little point in getting all enthused about an exercise plan I'll never stick to! I need to know what my nutritional needs are for my everyday life and have no wish to get used to being able to eat more only for the exercise to go and leave me expecting to be able to eat more than I need.

I don't exercise and don't intend start now!

I do the usual wobbling around after the kids, working and shopping but as for stuff like walking, cycling and swimming that's a no no! Lol

I'm only on day 1 do maybe things will change as the weight drops of me!!

thanks for the advice and comments guys. ive been watching some videos and stuff on youtube and think i will start doing things like situps for my tummy... and some toning for my arms coz i dont want my wings to get any bigger :(

I do quite a lot of exercise, I go to body attack (like aerobics), body balance (Pilates/yoga) Fitball and a session at the gym doing weights and cardio. So 4 sessions in a week. Seems ok so far but I was doing it before the diet so am used to it. I do worry that I'm burning more calories than I'm taking in but I feel fine!

body attack... :S sounds dangerous :p
wow you do alot .. good on u!
if u dont mind me asking how much weight are u losing in a week ?

Body attack is just really tough aerobics, it's supposed to burn 730 calories an hour! I'm only on day 13 and have lost 12 ins do far. I have to say I'm not a natural fan of exercise and I do have to force myself but I feel very virtuous afterwards !

Body attack is just really tough aerobics, it's supposed to burn 730 calories an hour!
wow thats harcore :eek: - i salute you
only wish i could be half ar sed to do something like that or even have the time
xx

Person trainer twice a week 2 hour sessions, gym every other day 45 mins cardio 15 mins toning and wii fit/biggest loser for 30-45 mins a day. I'm on step 2 but when I go on step 1 i'll only be doing a PT session once a week and won't go to the gym as much x

You all know me.... Exercise freak! :D

You should really get used to a little exercise on the plan (walking etc) as it then starts to become habit which helps on later plans. You don't have to go mad though.

I'm running the 5 k race for life in June and the great north run in September (1/2 marathon). Most of my training in other years has been done on ss plan (upto 6 miles a couple of times a week), then my losses stopped for 2 solid weeks. Jumped up to 810 and lost 8lbs that week!

I teach Zumba now and do 3 kids classes (ZumbAtomic) and 2 adult classes a week as well as going to the gym twice (run 3 miles there and do loads of weights)!

I would say that losses are sometimes better on the lower plans with no extreme exercise plan but..... you could do with getting to know about exercise from 810 onwards and make it part of your life, your new thinner life!

Is it okay to fo (strenuous) exercises on ss?

I'm on day 3 today, got up for the gym but feel too weak :[

You should have been given a handbook, which tells you to do nothing strenuous for the first two weeks. After that, you're probably ok to do whatever level of exercise you were doing before the diet, but listen to your body, and if your losses slow down, either go up a step or do less.

There are some old threads on this forum, people doing 'Jillian Michael's Thirty Day Shred' and other exercise DVDs while SS-ing.

I'll be starting the gym again next week, my CDC says my losses on 810 should then be the same as SoleSource. Intend to do mainly yoga, toning weights, and some less intense aerobic stuff.

what happens to make you weak - your body is moving from one energy source to another. it's hard work and will take time. :D

Back