how much exercise should I be doing?

caffsean

I was just wondering how much exercise everyone else has been doing/ has done during their first week? My doctors said to take it easy for the first week to get used to the programme then build up gradually, but i'm used to doing about an hour a day on a treadmill (but still wasn't loosing anything - which is why i'm on lipotrim) and just feel like i should be doing something. What did everyone else do?

I have quite a physical job and so cut out exercise completely for the first week.

Like you, I usually do about an hour on the treadmill every day (I was using the Couch to 5K training system) but I've found it impossible to do. I've had to start allover again and I'm not sure why...

I am a fairly active person anyway and I just intended to maintain the same level. I actually (by chance) ended up doing a little more, and didn't struggle at all. Just drink plenty and listen to your body!

I had this explained to me today by the pharmacist who told me that the reason I haven't been able to just jump back on the treadmill is because I'm eating up the glucose stores in my body (which is a good thing) but, because those glucose stores are depleting, my body has nowhere to go for it's energy hence why I'm finding it tough to run up the stairs at work and jump on the treadmill at home. She said just be guided by your own body and take it easy and slowly build back up to what I was doing before.

Back