how much exercise to loose a pound?

Trash

Still fighting
Hi

I'm currently following WW'ers and have been for past 3 weeks - weight loss is slow and steady but wanted to incorporate walk/jogging into my week to boost weight loss.

I generally am happy with doing 2-3 miles at each session which is about 300 calories and am aiming to do this 3/4 times a week.

Do you think this is enough to help me lose an extra pound or two??

Thanks in advance

Hi - exercise is always a great idea to boost your weight loss. Anything is better than nothing!

1lb is is roughly 3500 calories...so I calculate my exercise in with my daily calorie deficit too to work it out. Deduct that from your bmr not the standard 2000 a day for women and you'll know how much time you need to exercise for to lose the extra pound.

The best way to blitz fat for me is high intensity interval training for 15-20 mins plus weight training. The weights will continue to burn cals for a good hour after. If you go to a website called fit2fat2fit there are some downloadable exercise program's on there you can take to the gym.

Good luck!! x

Yes agree weight training and cardio and good diet, when jogging do some HITT with it, jog few mins then run as fast as u can for 30 seconds then jog then repeat, fantasic for weight loss.

Back