how much exercise?

sarahwillbslim

Hi Guys

How much exercise is classed as too much? reading on other threads that too much exercise can slow down the weight loss.

I have two dogs which i walk (not too fast) for about an hour every other day
I also ride my horse about 4 times a week
and I also attend kickboxing/fitness 3 times a week however i have just started this and i try not to overdo it

It sounds quite a bit but its only the kickboxing that leaves me sweaty and a bit out of breath.

Any advice would be good

sarahwillbeslim, I'm also looking forward to an answer, as I've paid for a gym membership and then have come across some conflicting threads. The big question.....To exercise or not!? lol

I think its about being sensible aswell just pottering along with the woofers should be ok but if we're only taking in approx 400 calories then obviously it could affect your health as in making u dizzy etc. i dont want anything to inhibit my weight loss id rather sit and do nowt if ill lose more weight hahaha

I think the exercise is a personal choice, some people want to tone up as they lose weight so exercise at the risk of slower weightloss whereas others wait and tackle the toning at the end. I think its cas muscle weighs more than fat so while you're still losing fat you're gaining muscle so it looks like less on the scales. If you were already walking the dogs and riding before you started lipotrim and feel ok so far i'd say you'll be alright as its part of your routine anyway so not a shock to your system, but make sure you stop if you feel you're not up to it, especially on the horses, you don't want to get light headed on them! Keep your water up and see how it goes...... i must add that this is only my opinion as i'm not exercising at all lol!

I too couldn't manage exercise. I'd feel quite ill and lightheaded if I had to do anything that required exertion. I think the best thing is listen to your body :) x x x

I figured by joining the gym I'd have access to the treadmill and some light weights as I'm finding the older I get my muscles are becoming constricted due to lack of proper exercise. Also being a stay at home mom, it'll afford me an hour away from home each time I go to the gym.:eek:

I just want to share this...... I have been testing for ketosis with ketosticks, since about the third day I started on the diet. Up until today, I've only measured trace ketones (which means I was in ketosis, but not excreting high levels of ketones). I started the gym today, and had an hours workout. When I got back in the house, I tested urine and the ketostick turned a deep purple, which means a high quantity of ketones where detected. Now I'm not sure what this means scientifically, but I believe it to be the exercise caused my body to use more fat stores. I stand to be corrected....if anyone knows.

When do u test urself?

I do mine in the morning before ive drank anything or had a milkshake cos i would expect the more or less u drink (or sweat out) during would affect the results???????

I mite be wrong lol

To be honest, my mid-day test show more then the one I take early morning. lol I do test a few times a day, It helps me feel like "i'm doing it right" so to speak:eek:

Have been having a spy online and the body building type websites say that doing some light cardio will prob increase the weight loss but lifting weight etc will waste the muscles cos u don't have the fuel to feed them xxx

Back