how much extra do your cd bars and tetras cost you??

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by sophia-jo, 4 August 2007 Social URL.

1. sophia-jo

sophia-jo Silver Member

just wondering how much you guys pay for TETRA PACKS AND CD BARS??

I know what the recommended is but does your cdc charge you even more??

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Maz35

Maz35 Full Member

Diet:
    Weight watchers
    hi, mine charges me £48.00 for my weeks supply regardless of what i pick. I just select 28 and normally a mixture. x

4. MandyB2

MandyB2 Moderator/CD Counsellor

Is that for 3 or 4 packs a day?
    xx

5. Sammy2

Sammy2 Full Member

I am £45.46 a week and that is for a 4 a day supply as I am five foot 9/10 ish

6. Sammy2

Sammy2 Full Member

I find it weird that the price can vary all over the place depending on the CDC. At least with LL it was th exact same amoutn every week

7. Maz35

Maz35 Full Member

Diet:
    Weight watchers
    I'm 5ft 10 so i get 4 packs a day x

8. EllieG

EllieG Silver Member

Diet:
    Low Carb

Hiya,
    I don't have tetras as I don't like them, but my CDC charges £1.65 for bars, shakes and soups which seems very reasonable compared to some of the prices others get charged. So it's just under £35 for the week :)

9. sophia-jo

sophia-jo Silver Member

mine is £2.05 per bar and £2.05 per tetra pack. 40p extra each. I think the soups and shakes are £1.65 (that will be the minimum anyway)....seems quite a lot more than some folks pay.

10. cheeseontoast

cheeseontoast Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Diet:
    ww
    My cdc only charges £30 a week but may be increasing her prices soon due to the recent cambridge price increases.
    Even if I have bars or tetras, it is still £30. This is for 3 a day. This does seem the cheapest i've heard but I think she makes more in the long run as she is known to be the cheapest in the area.

11. butterflyinprogress

butterflyinprogress Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge diet
    I pay £35 something for a 21 pack weekly supply....

12. hippoellie

hippoellie CDC

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I pay £37 for a week's supply (21)- my CDC charges a flat rate across shakes/bars/tetras so you don't get penalised if you only have tetras, which I think is a good idea. It was £33 a week until the beginning July, but she put her prices up because the Cambridge prices had gone up- skimmed milk is more expensive apparently!

13. Nick

Nick Need help

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet/ Slimming World
    Hi ya, :)

I charge the following and many other Counsellors in Essex charge the same.

Sachets = £1.65
    Tetra's = £1.85
    Bar's = £1.90

Hope this help's

Nick :D:D

14. Crystal Star

Crystal Star Member

Thanks for that, its good to know.

15. pancras

pancras Full Member

Start Weight:
    27st8lb
    Current Weight:
    15st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    12st4lb(44.56%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    When I was initially considering between CD & LL the CD told me it would cost me £60 per a week. I was quite shocked as I was led to believe that CD was much cheaper. I decided to go with LL and pay the extra £6 and get the counselling as well.

16. hypno1

hypno1 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    healthy eating/orlistat
    Mines is £36pw with bars but without tetras or £38pw with both no matter how many bars or tetras I take. I'm on 21pw though.

17. hypno1

hypno1 Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st5.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    healthy eating/orlistat
    £60pw!!! That's def the most expensive i've heard of even if it 4 packs a day.

18. orange-sox

orange-sox Full Member

Start Weight:
    20st0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st5.7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.3lb(2.96%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    My CDC charges £1.70 for shakes, soups and porridge. £1.95 for tetras and £2.05 for bars... plus £7.50 for a home consultation if you need her to come to your house.

19. tillyfloss

tillyfloss Gold Member

Thing is, you get different kinds of support from different CDC's? I know some CDC's have counselling qualifications and life coaching qualifications etc, where others literally weigh you and take your cash..
    I think it's a case of shopping around just like when we buy any other service or product because CDC's are all self employed and are liable to have different over heads and different salary needs but when we find a good one we should make sure we recommend them to everyone :)

20. Julie W

Julie W Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge SS
    Hi, my CDC charges me 1.75 for soups and shakes, 1.95 for tetras and 2.00 for bars. She has professional qualifications in psychology (degree) and counselling (diploma). She always gives me a full half hour one to one discussion as a minimum, upto an hour if I need it. Lets me bring back packets I don't like or have gone off. Is really supportive, gives great advice, sends text messages etc and is very flexible with dates and times. I always come away feeling positive.

I'm so glad I picked her, the counselling is great, she explores things about how I associate foods with specific problems etc, relationships with others, self image alsorts. Like other CDCs they have to make a reasonably living and they all have different overheads. If she put her prices up I'd still go to her as where else could I buy my weeks food and get the same level of counselling and support from for the price?

If anyone is in the Sheffield area - I would recommend her.

21. British_Claire_84

British_Claire_84 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10lb
    Diet:
    Low Carb
    I think mine are £1.70 per shake/soup and £1.90 per bar/tetra though i've recently changed CDC so may be slightly out there. My previous one charged £1.90 shake/soup and i'm sure it was £2.10ish for bar/tetra.. so when you add it up for having four a day it amounts to a fair bit of difference between them x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.