how much fat?!

Geetwo

Hey all

been ages since i was on here!.. i was doing Cambridge diet and with success but then went to america and ate lots of steak chicken and other meaty goodness so decided on returning to uk that
i would take atkins back up!.. one question has always confused me which is how much fat should i actually be consuming!.. in the case of oils, butter, mayo and cream!..
im using a fair bit in each meal, coffee with cream in morning (2 tblspoons) lunch will have full fat mayo with a salad or over meat.. dinner will be meat and veg but i love to add butter to the veg and ill also fry the meat in coconut oil... im also having things like avacado, olives and pork rinds as snacks!
the one thing i found last time i did the diet on the original Atkins was that i was eating too much meat!.. and it was saying you can eat the amount you like on the basis you will actually loose your appeite etc and therefore not eat so much!.. im reading now that a portion of protien in each meal should be the size of your hand... which isnt a massive amount.
can anyone help or point me in the right direction? :)

all that being said i have lost 6 pounds in 5 days :) ... i put on a stone and a half from a 3 week binge on carbs and american yumminess! o why cant doughnuts be carb free!

Greatly appreciate any advise and hope your all doing well on your weightloss roads :)

Hi there,

I went on high protein and high fat diet in January this year, I was 11stone and now since July I've been 8stone 7lbs. I've never been hungry in this diet and comfortably maintaining too.

I'm back on the diet just to shift another half stone.

Whilst I've been dieting I didn't count any of my food, I just tried to be sensible, eat until I was comfortably full. It takes me about two weeks till I'm in the mode of where I don't want to eat large portions.

Couple of eggs in the am, chicken breast and salad for lunch, home made curry without the chappati of course for dinner with spinach enough to fit a bowl. If I ever felt peckish I'd have some cheese or celery with Philadelphia.

If you're using oils and butters I would say just use as much as u need, maybe not so much as you want just what u need... Always best not to over doit.

I hope this helps,

Thanks
Binni

Back