How much is too much?

Me too flex lol
Can u give an example of wot u eat on a normal good day? And how much exercise do u do?
I have started walking a lot, I know that doesn't burn a lot but thats a big step for someone like me that circles the car park for a space right near the entrance haha

Honestly, I'm not some extra ordinary person who can lose weight quickly, in fact quite the opposite. I don't really do a lot of exercise. I only joined the gym two months ago and go 3/4 times a week. But for the first 4 months I only did general day to day activities -walking short distances in stead of driving, taking the stairs instead of the lift etc. Now I'm at the gym I can see that it has really toned up my body so it's something I'm going to keep up, but I didn't do anything like that in my first 4 months.

I just kept thinking long term weight loss(and keeping it off) is a lifestyle change, that's why these novelty diets like the cabbage soup diet don't work because as soon as you stop them, you go back to eating the only way you know how - the way you were pre-diet. Like I've said, I've been dieting since December last year, but it's only been in the past month and a half that I can confidently say that I've now well and truly changed my lifestyle.

Until a three months ago, I did eat healthy, but I used to still get the little "Go on, only one chip won't hurt" voice sometimes and cravings for unhealthy foods like chocolate and junk but I can honestly say that I don't anymore because I've kinda 'trained' by body ( jeezo I'm beginning to sound like such a fitness die hard!) and now I would automatically crave an apple and not chocolate. Of course I'm a great believer in allowing yourself a treat every now and again. Like if I want ice cream, I'll have it, I just know that I can't have it everyday.

I just stuck with it and my body adapted to this lifestyle and I'm confident it won't want to go back. :D

That's very good. I am going to try and lose a little bit more then my goal b'cuz I know I will gain a few pounds when I come off CD.
But to be honest I was off the diet for over a month and I maintained well so I do t think I'll pile it back on. I will be on guard this time though I will not let myself gain more then a couple of pounds without doing something about it again!!

Ps I wish I was a student again miss the days so badly:( ahh all the partying ;-) xx

I just wanted to chip in and say what an inspiration you are happyhealthy. Well done :D and your diary is very funny too ;)

While we're talking about it, I might as well go the full hog and show you a pic of my progress lol :p I feel like such a show off but I'm sorry I'm just really proud of myself for getting so near goal :D

The first pic was taken exactly 6 months ago yesterday at just under 13 stone. The second pic was taken about 5 minutes ago haha!

Hope you can see the difference xx

Last edited:
I just wanted to chip in and say what an inspiration you are happyhealthy. Well done :D and your diary is very funny too ;)

Aw thank you so so so much! Lovely comments like that really make my day :D :D They make me all shy hehe! Good luck on your weight loss lovely, I've got my fingers (and toes) crossed for you! :D

Wow I can't believe the difference in the pics!!!!! I hope I look half a good as you when I hit my goal. Will have a look at your diary tomorrow :)

Wow I can't believe the difference in the pics!!!!! I hope I look half a good as you when I hit my goal. Will have a look at your diary tomorrow :)

Thank you so much :D Just send me a PM message if you need any advice! It might not be the best advice ever given but I promise you I'll give you my honest answers :)

Omg u look so different!! Well done lovely xx

Thanks a bunch - it really means a lot to me when people say such lovely things :D

U look a lot younger now that u've lost weight, it's funny how the shape of ur face changes so much isn't it? No longer round!

I know! All my ID photos have me at nearly 13 stone on them. The worst is my student card. I've got a huge round face on it and bouncers are raising one eyebrow at is like "is this you..." hehe :D xx

Back