Pregnancy How much lost/gained when expecting

Dietingdon

Silver Member
Im 6 weeks pregnant and have just joined SW to control my weight throughout pregnancy. I'm 21st 6lbs, hence why I dont want to gain a whole load. How much has others either lost or gained while following SW when pregnant?

Im 6 weeks pregnant and have just joined SW to control my weight throughout pregnancy. I'm 21st 6lbs, hence why I dont want to gain a whole load. How much has others either lost or gained while following SW when pregnant?

Congratulations on your pregnancy first and foremost!

I'm a terrible example I'm afraid, I lost 5st 10lbs on SW before I fell pregnant but have so far regained 2st 3.5lbs at 32 weeks. So I'm looking at a 3st gain I think by term. I started well and was actually losing up until the ms started and I had all day nausea that could only be calmed by eating pretty much constantly. I have craved salt and carbs the whole way though so staying on SW has been impossible at times. My advice would be to be mindful of the principles of SW but if you feel awful and need a certain food just do it and leave yourself some slack. I may have naughty snacks but my core meals are SW friendly and I try to keep it that way.

Some people lose or maintain whilst doing SW so it is possible! Don't best yourself up if you gain a little though, it's hard to eat healthy at the best of times but especially hard during pregnancy :) Good luck!! x

I started sw at 7 weeks pregnant x at 14st11lbs and I've just got back to group baby is 4 weeks and when I stood on the scales I was 13st9lbs x

I am 29 weeks pregnant and I have struggled a bit with sticking to plan. I started sw before I was pregnant but gave it up at around 11 weeks at 19st 2lb due to constant nausea and sickness and I found it hard to find things to eat on plan that didnt make me sick. I rejoined again at 20 weeks at 20st 10lbs :cry: and 9 weeks later I am at 21st, I expect this to go up a bit because I was kinda on/off plan for the kids half term as we were on holiday but generally I am staying roughly the same weight at the moment with the odd week when I lose and the odd week when I gain so it seems to even out.

I am aiming to be either still the same or slightly less on my due date (21st January)

Congratulations on your pregnancy hun x

I was 13st 5lbs when I got my BFP, lost 2lbs in my first trimester (due to food aversions/nausea) and I'm coming to the end of the 2nd trimester now (in 4 days time) and my total gain to date is 8lbs x That's just by eating smaller portions and following a SW diet 50% of the time (still struggled with sickness up until 16 weeks) x

So at 26+2 I'm 13 st 13lbs and hope to only gain max about another stone, so my total gain will be a stone and a half x

Try not to worry too much. I did SW albiet half heartedly on and off through my pregnancy, but was eating ALOT of unhealthy stuff as well. I had an addiction to cherry tango and my last dinner before I had my son was a dominos stuffed crust! Funnily enough it was also my first meal when we got LO home (not THE same pizza though!).

I put on about 3.5 stone in total. My son was 9lbs of that! I then lost about half of that without really trying and lost the rest dieting (although not with SW) by the time LO was five months.

So don't worry about what you put on while pregnant cos you can lose it afterwards!

Try not to worry too much. I did SW albiet half heartedly on and off through my pregnancy, but was eating ALOT of unhealthy stuff as well. I had an addiction to cherry tango and my last dinner before I had my son was a dominos stuffed crust! Funnily enough it was also my first meal when we got LO home (not THE same pizza though!).

I put on about 3.5 stone in total. My son was 9lbs of that! I then lost about half of that without really trying and lost the rest dieting (although not with SW) by the time LO was five months.

So don't worry about what you put on while pregnant cos you can lose it afterwards!

I was addicted to cherry tango too!!

Back