Step2 810kcal How much protein on stage2

Alwaysalady1980

Hi everyone,
i am starting Cambridge on stage 2 today as advised yesterday but I left my book with the lovely consultant & can't get into town b4 next week! First time trying cambridge & looking to loose 21lbs in 7weeks....
Can anyone tell me how much protein I should be having each day? I don't want to wait another week to get my book just want started now!
Many thanks
emma x

Here you go. :)

810 list

3 Cambridge meal products
340ml skimmed milk or 195g fat free plain yoghurt
1 protein option (though you can mix and match, e.g., half of the cottage cheese and half of the chicken)
1 Vegetable option (or mix and match as for the protein)
======

Protein Options

250g plain cottage cheese (less than 5% fat)
325g reduced fat cottage cheese (less than 2% fat)
245g chicken/turkey breast without skin/fat
275g white fish fillet, eg cod, haddock
260g canned tuna* in water (drained)
190g fresh tuna steak*
275g quorn pieces/mince (V)
250g prawns
2 large eggs (V)
350g steamed tofu (V)
80g dried weight red lentils
225g canned chick peas, drained
70g dried weight soya beans
80g dried weight chick peas

Vegetable options

80g in total of any of the following:

Green salad leaves such as rocket, lambs lettuce, watercress, radicchio, little gem or romaine lettuces
Celery, cucumber or red radishes
Courgettes, marrow
Brussels sprouts,
Kale, turnip tops (the green leafy part not the actual turnip) broccoli, cauliflower or any cabbage including pickled)
Chinese leafy greens such as pak choi or Chinese cabbage
Spring onions, green peppers, spinach, asparagus, fennel and celeriac
Mushrooms, Leeks.

Remember - No oil to fry (steam or poach). Don't add salt, but herbs, pepper, balsamic or lemon juice are ok. Use fat free salad dressings.

You're very welcome. And welcome to the wonderful world of Cambridge. :D

:welcome:

Lily, as the font of all knowledge, can you have soya milk on stage 2? If so, how much? I don't really like milk or yogurt but prefer soya milk. I have to add a meal in a few weeks (is it still called that?) and am already worrying about how I am supposed to manage my milk/yogurt allowance!

Yes. Give me a mo, I'll look up how much...

I haven't got the most up to date book (mine is Sep 11) but in that it says 810 allowances are either:

425ml skimmed milk (kcals approximately 141)
300ml semi skimmed milk
540ml soya milk
250g of low fat yoghurt (1% fat)

Can't imagine it's changed much, if at all. :)

Excellent. How the heck am I supposed to fit in 540ml of soya milk every day? Arghhh. I am rubbish with dairy. Maybe I can just have 10ml of extra thick double cream each day instead? (joke)

You could always make up a shake with it, I s'pose.

Or porridge? Ha

Mmm, yummy porridge. :D

Just to be a complete killjoy, that's 540ml of unsweetened soya milk (1.6% fat), by the way.

Assumed as much. Well it's still 4 weeks until my 810week - will have to have a think over the next few weeks and work out how I am going to do that! Hmmm... A whole week of quorn tikka made with the yogurt allowance? Hmm

Or do it yourself hummus made with yogurt and chickpeas? :D

Urgh no thanks. Have only ever eaten hummus once, and 6 hours later I had my appendix out - I was so very very poorly, and even a sniff of hummus these days brings it all back... and that at (eek!) 18 years ago! Oh god I am so old!

Eek. Right, no hummus. :D

Wonder what a bit of water flavouring would be like in low fat natural yogurt?

Starlit_Cazza said:
Excellent. How the heck am I supposed to fit in 540ml of soya milk every day? Arghhh. I am rubbish with dairy. Maybe I can just have 10ml of extra thick double cream each day instead? (joke)

Hi my CDC told me it's not a huge deal if you don't manage the milk allowance everyday. The important thing is to make sure your definitely getting the shakes in for vitamins and minerals and stuff. :)

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/w5Yxido/weight.png

Hi my CDC told me it's not a huge deal if you don't manage the milk allowance everyday. The important thing is to make sure your definitely getting the shakes in for vitamins and minerals and stuff. :)

Well yes, of course. But the whole point of having an 810 week after 12 weeKs of SS-ing is to conform to NICE guidelines about having a week where you aren't doing a VLCD (that is, having more than 800 calories a day - see 810 falls outside a VLCD, sneaky eh?).

So if you don't have the milk calories, strictly speaking you're still doing a VLCD. Kind of defeats the object - but then again, I have no idea of what evidence NICE have used to decide you should have a week at a higher calorie level. :)

just another thanks for the info here & another wee question :) Does the water/milk I use in shakes etc count towards the liquid intake for the day; I know that prob sounds stupid!
This is my 3rd day & i've been feeling fine. I have also just weighed myself (I know I should wait!) & have lost 4lbs already! I kinda cant quite believe it.
Many thanks
em xx

The extra water added to shakes and soups does indeed count. The milk doesn't. But teas and coffees (minus milk of course) also count towards your fluid intake. Doesn't just have to be water from the tap/bottle.

Well done on your 4lbs lost! :clap:

Back