How much water do I need to drink?

irisheyes

Hi, I'm on day 12 and have to say I'm really struggling the past couple of days with hunger and general fatigue. I'm SO tempted to eat but am more determined than ever not to. I've been drinking between 2 and 3 litres of water which I thought was enough. Is it possible I should be having more? I've read on here that some of you are drinking 5 litres. Help!!

Most of us try to drink about 4 litres a day but I tend to drink 5.....try and drink as much as you can.
It really does make a difference to the weight losses.

Hi Irish eyes

I found drinking the water the absolute worst bit about the diet when I started (I started on LL and changed to CD recently). Doing LL means you have to drink 4 litres a day minimum and I found it awful. However, it does get better... I think that 4 litres is the right amount if you can manage it. Have you tried the CD water flavourings?..they are really nice with sparkling water!

I drink 5 litres a day usually. If your feeling hungry grab some water, it really does help :)

I'm on day 12 too!

I am managing to get 4-5 litres of water down me IN ADDITION to the 'shake/soup water' and the water I use for my coffee, so in theory I am doing well.

I keep reading that the 'extra' water (i.e. more than the minimum 2.5 litres) speeds up/makes for greater weight loss, but I am confused as to how that can possibly be so. I have read on here that it helps alleviate hunger pangs and gives you something to do with your hands other than stuffing food into your face! However, there must be more to it than that. Something must be happening at the biochemical level. Anybody have any idea (in layman's terms!) what it is?

Feeling great so far and lost 12lb in my first week (but then I am hugely overweight). Wish I'd done this years ago!

I am struggling with the water. I know people say it helps with the weight loss....but I think it would help if I understood why!!

Just read sticky "why drink water on VLCD".

it explains the waer thing really well......

Back