How much water is TOO much water?

m85912

Only a few more pounds...
Now, i know water is VITAL when on the CD, but how much water is too much? We all say that we need to get glugging, but what about water intoxication and taking too much water? People have died over it right? Just curious...

I would say listen to your body but 4L is seen as a good amount to consume. I'm sure some of the more experienced guys can advise better. Good luck xx

I don't think water intoxication is anything to be concerned about - if you are healthy you should be able to process 10L maybe more through your kidneys in a day, - in the very rare cases of water intoxication in adults it had been because of drinking very large amounts of water in a very short time, so spread the water drinking throughout the day and there's nothing to worry about. hope that helps.

My Cdc Says 4ltrs Is Fine But Ive Upped It To 6 But Ive Been Told To Go No Futher Than That,you Are Right About The Intoxication But I Think Its Only If You Glug The Whole Lot Together As Opposed To Sipping It Throughout The Day,hope This Helps A Little,there Is A Sticky On Here Somewhere About It,
Elaine X

Water intoxication would only be an issue if you sat down and drank loads of water all together, once it is spread out over the day it should be fine to consume plenty of water.

I've seen it happen in marathons were people are sweating out the essential salts of their bodies and diluting it more by drinking water during the race, this can be very serious, but spacing water out over the course of the day is not usually a problem.

I think someone on here said that 900ml per hour is the tolerable amount of water for our bodies, so that is alot of water daily :)

Thanks guys...was just a bit curious- hope everyones doing well!

Back