Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

How much water?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by malaika, 12 September 2009 Social URL.

1. malaika

malaika Lover of Extra Easy

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    9st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8lb(22.22%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Apologies if this has been posted before.

I know that we should drink a lot of water on SW, but how much is the right amount?
    I generally don't drink plain water but drink it with sugar free squash or drink diet coke.
    After my last week's disappointment with 1/2 pound gain, after sticking to plan 100%, I was advised that I should drink lots of plain water as it may help me.
    As I really want to lose each week, no matter how little, I have decided to give it a bash.
    I have drunk between four and five pints of water a day, at work, since. Is that enough or two much? I know it's giving me extra exercise as I am running up and down the stairs to the loo all day!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. StaceyUK

StaceyUK Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st1.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I've been aiming for 2.5lt a day and that is mainly squash & water as I can drink that easier than plain water.

4. Donnie46

Donnie46 Slow but sure....

Start Weight:
    22st0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(11.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Green Days only.
    I have always drunk a 2 litre bottle of water every day for year's as well as my other drinks, coffee etc, but since doing SW I have probably drunk about 3 litres, I buy 10 x 2 litre bottles of sparkling water a week so that is 20 litres per week, plus my hot drinks too - so I do drink quite a lot, but I like it, I don't like cola or any other 'pop' so I drink water instead.

5. malaika

malaika Lover of Extra Easy

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    9st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8lb(22.22%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Thanks ladies!
    Good, so it looks as if it's not too much!
    I count it in pints as I have a pint glass at work but 5 pints is about 2 litres and a bit.
    That's just what I drink at work. In the evening I have about 3 or 4 pints of diet coke (again in pint glasses) with a tot of brandy in a couple!

6. Wicca303

Wicca303 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st8lb
    Current Weight:
    16st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.02%)
    Diet:
    Healthy eating and 5:2
    I drink 2-3lts of water a day, not counting coffee and herbal teas. I only drink water plain if it's refrigerated or iced, or if it's room temperature I usually add these little sachets of 0 cal flavouring to it.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.