How much water?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by malaika, 12 September 2009 Social URL.

1. malaika

malaika Lover of Extra Easy

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    9st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8lb(22.22%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Apologies if this has been posted before.

I know that we should drink a lot of water on SW, but how much is the right amount?
    I generally don't drink plain water but drink it with sugar free squash or drink diet coke.
    After my last week's disappointment with 1/2 pound gain, after sticking to plan 100%, I was advised that I should drink lots of plain water as it may help me.
    As I really want to lose each week, no matter how little, I have decided to give it a bash.
    I have drunk between four and five pints of water a day, at work, since. Is that enough or two much? I know it's giving me extra exercise as I am running up and down the stairs to the loo all day!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. StaceyUK

StaceyUK Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st1.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I've been aiming for 2.5lt a day and that is mainly squash & water as I can drink that easier than plain water.

4. Donnie46

Donnie46 Slow but sure....

Start Weight:
    22st0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(11.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Green Days only.
    I have always drunk a 2 litre bottle of water every day for year's as well as my other drinks, coffee etc, but since doing SW I have probably drunk about 3 litres, I buy 10 x 2 litre bottles of sparkling water a week so that is 20 litres per week, plus my hot drinks too - so I do drink quite a lot, but I like it, I don't like cola or any other 'pop' so I drink water instead.

5. malaika

malaika Lover of Extra Easy

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    9st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8lb(22.22%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Thanks ladies!
    Good, so it looks as if it's not too much!
    I count it in pints as I have a pint glass at work but 5 pints is about 2 litres and a bit.
    That's just what I drink at work. In the evening I have about 3 or 4 pints of diet coke (again in pint glasses) with a tot of brandy in a couple!

6. Wicca303

Wicca303 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st8lb
    Current Weight:
    16st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.02%)
    Diet:
    Healthy eating and 5:2
    I drink 2-3lts of water a day, not counting coffee and herbal teas. I only drink water plain if it's refrigerated or iced, or if it's room temperature I usually add these little sachets of 0 cal flavouring to it.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.