• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

How much water?

Lover of Extra Easy
Apologies if this has been posted before.

I know that we should drink a lot of water on SW, but how much is the right amount?
I generally don't drink plain water but drink it with sugar free squash or drink diet coke.
After my last week's disappointment with 1/2 pound gain, after sticking to plan 100%, I was advised that I should drink lots of plain water as it may help me.
As I really want to lose each week, no matter how little, I have decided to give it a bash.
I have drunk between four and five pints of water a day, at work, since. Is that enough or two much? I know it's giving me extra exercise as I am running up and down the stairs to the loo all day!
Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
I've been aiming for 2.5lt a day and that is mainly squash & water as I can drink that easier than plain water.

Slow but sure....
I have always drunk a 2 litre bottle of water every day for year's as well as my other drinks, coffee etc, but since doing SW I have probably drunk about 3 litres, I buy 10 x 2 litre bottles of sparkling water a week so that is 20 litres per week, plus my hot drinks too - so I do drink quite a lot, but I like it, I don't like cola or any other 'pop' so I drink water instead.

Lover of Extra Easy
Thanks ladies!
Good, so it looks as if it's not too much!
I count it in pints as I have a pint glass at work but 5 pints is about 2 litres and a bit.
That's just what I drink at work. In the evening I have about 3 or 4 pints of diet coke (again in pint glasses) with a tot of brandy in a couple!
I drink 2-3lts of water a day, not counting coffee and herbal teas. I only drink water plain if it's refrigerated or iced, or if it's room temperature I usually add these little sachets of 0 cal flavouring to it.