How much water

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by suemal, 14 January 2008 Social URL.

1. suemal

suemal Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    How much water should i be drinking a day.3 litres down and its only 2 o'clock.Is that too much,should i slow it down?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Rayven

Rayven Addicted to Minimins!

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.15%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I did 5 litres on Monday and about 6 yesterday. I'm nearing the end of my 4th today but i'm drinking it quicker today because i didn't want seemingly 50 trips to the loo when i go to bed.
    I've heard from Icemoose that drinking over 10 is dangerous as it dilutes your essential body salts, so i'm aiming for about 6.

4. suemal

suemal Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st7lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I was worried about drinking too much as i'd heard about people getting really ill with a high water intake.

5. Bobbin

Bobbin Needs a flattering photo

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I'm only drinking about 2-2.5 litres, but usually have my packs in 2 so have more water in those.

6. Rayven

Rayven Addicted to Minimins!

Start Weight:
    18st9lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.15%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I don't think i'm going to be going over 6L to be honest because i'm worried about that too, but I've felt fine on how much i'm drinking so far.

7. weepoppet

weepoppet Full Member

I like to aim and stick at 4 ltrs a day. I also dilute the shakes with 400 mls of water. I also like to get my water intake done by 7pm so I am not up and down to the toilet in the night.

Alison

8. SoonToBeGorgeous

SoonToBeGorgeous Loving the Cambridge Diet

Diet:
    Cambridge Plan
    The official line is 2.25L

I usually have around 5L per day

9. Eileen

Eileen likes posting.

Diet:
    Slimming world.
    I stick too 4 lts.

10. Lily

Lily Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st11.0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(6.38%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    2.5 litres is the official minimum (that's 4 pints) but I know that on Lighterlife folks there are advised to drink 4 litres a day.

However, I think what you currently weigh has to come into this as well. The more you weigh to start with, the more water you need--not rocket science, I think :) But the nearer to a healthy BMI figure you get, I think you can safely reduce the amount of water that you're drinking nearer to the minimum 2.5 litres.

One thing that you must do is space water consumption out evenly over the day. Gulping down half a litre at a time isn't particularly helpful to your body--it just triggers a hormone which causes you to pee it straight out and more, leaving you dehydrated--strange but true!

11. prettyfromtheback

prettyfromtheback Full Member

Diet:
    CD
    I vary day to day depending on where I am/what I'm doing but aim for about 4 or so. You can get ill from water poisoning if you drink too much, but I think you'd have to drink a helluva lot more than the CD recommended minimum intake. I know Wiki is hardly the most reliable source, but it does echo the 10 litres as a trigger point mentioned above: Water intoxication - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.