How much weight did you have to lose before it was noticeable?

MetalMaiden

I'm going on a big night out on the 6th of October, and I want to lose at least 10lbs before then. Does 10lbs make a difference in clothes and your body? I'll still be over 200lbs at that point so still quite big. How much did you lose before somebody noticed?

People started to notice after I lost about 2 stone (around my club 10 mark actually)

I started to notice after I lost about 3-4 stone (I knew practically I was smaller due to wearing smaller clothes- I just couldn't see it)

I think I dropped my first dress size at about 2 stone loss. I started at 22 1/2 stone

hope this helps x

I'd lost a stone when someone said to me I'd lost weight. I still don't believe that they did notice though as they are a work colleague of a close friend and am convinced she told them.

It was probably at about two stone that most people noticed and now at three stone down its the first thing people say, which whilst lovely can be awkward lol!

I'm trying to think back and for me, though I didn't look any different at 10lbs lost, my clothes definitely fitted better...I think I'd been trying to squeeze myself in to a size too small for too long and they eventually came loose.

Regardless of whether you hit your target or not, or whether people notice or not, I can guarantee that staying on plan and losing at all will make you feel better in yourself. Just knowing that you're on your way and 'lighter than before' is usually a nice feeling :) good luck!

image-3952128710.jpg

1 and a half stone! I have gone to a size 16 just some are still tight but people now notice! yea i would like to be a 14 for Spain on the 29th October but I dought it very much!!!! :-( its only about 7 weeks!

My SW consultant reckons 10lbs is a dress size too but I reckon K9KT's notice is about right.:)

Agreed Jenna. Also, I think many folk (including myself) delude themselves into believing they are a size smaller than they actually are.

I think it depends on your original size to be honest. I know it sounds awful but my weight can fluctuate by about 10lb and not really make a whole heap of difference physically
The thing is though, if you shed 10lb by then regardless of whether you look any different or not, YOU will know you've lost it, through your own hard work, and that will make you glow. You will feel more confident and that will make people comment on how good you look.

I remember the very first person who who noticed. It was about fifteen pounds gone. I almost cried and gave her a big hug.
I am planning on seeing her again in a couple of weeks. She hasn't seen me since then, she might be a touch surprised.

In terms of everyone else it was around the thirty pounds mark (which was club 10 territory) that lots of people noticed. Fifty plus, and that's all people talk about!!!

People close to me could tell after a stone or so as it came off my face straight away, but people I see less / know less are really noticing now it's almost 4stone. I've had more people compliment my loss in the last 3 weeks than all together in the last year!

From about a 1 stone loss people noticed, it wasn't until i started shaping my body with exercise i noticed and dropped a dress size.

:)

2 stones for me, when i went to my mums after 2 months many people commented on it and today was my daughters first day back at nursery and 2 other mummies commented on my weightloss too. Almost all my clothes are loose now but still a little tight around my tummy which is where i carry the most weight x

People have begun to really notice in the last fortnight or so (1st 7)... Dad noticed at 1stone ... . It's really come off my face and I can see it myself now too.

Was a confidence boost to see a colleague I haven't seen in 6 weeks due to holidays who exclaimed the moment she saw me, "Holy f*ck you've lost tonnes of weight!" - up til then I wasn't sure people were noticing at all. After that every other colleague mentioned it to me too :)

Back