How much weight to a dress size?

Indieflower

I have my mojo
I tried on 14's today thinking I might be comfortably in them...but no! :sigh: Ach well, I will soon :D

It got me to thinking, is there an average-ish weight loss per dress size, d'you think? I haven't kept track of when I have went down and that so I haven't a scooby what mine is.

Anyone else kept track?

K xxx

Yeah, it does sound low. I've went from 20 to 16 and that's just over 2 stone. Perhaps it's more like a stone then.

K xx

I've lost a total of 1st 13lb so far and have gone from an 18bottoms/20top to 14bottoms/16 top. So yeah I'd say it's nearer a stone per dress size.
Don't forget it depends on the manufacturer though too. I wear a size 16 trousers in river island but 14 in next and M & S. The shorts I'm wearing at the mo (some obscure make) are a tight size 16 on the waist but baggy everywhere else. But all my jeans are 16's and they're hanging off me as are all my skirts.
It's so frustrating.

I'd say my weight loss has averaged about a stone and a bit to each dress size. theres a bigger jump between a 14 to a 12 and took about just over a stone and half to get into a 12 comfortably. xxx

Thanks ladies :) It's frustrating cos I'm between sizes. I'm 14 on top, but my 16 trousers, jeans, etc are hanging off me, yet 14 bottoms too tight yet! I can get into them and just do them up, but lets face it, no one likes a camels toe!! :eek::eek::eek: lol

Im in the same situation as you Kerry. It is so annoying as my 16 trousers now look ridiculous but a size 14 looks that little bit too tight and I am constantly frightened that if I bend too much they will split and that is the last thing I need in an office of mainly men!!!
But at least we are whinging our clothes are too tight for good reasons now!!

Gem

Im in the same situation as you Kerry. It is so annoying as my 16 trousers now look ridiculous but a size 14 looks that little bit too tight and I am constantly frightened that if I bend too much they will split and that is the last thing I need in an office of mainly men!!!
But at least we are whinging our clothes are too tight for good reasons now!!

Gem

You're quite right! I'll still aim to be in those 14's soon, but perhaps might need to bump it a little further on than the end of April :D

Hope you do the same too soon chick xx

I think it depends on where you lose the weight too. I have gone down a size in trousers but took longer in tops. Everyone is different and so I guess we all change sizes differently too.

You're probably right. I've always had hips and an arse so I suppose this does not help the trouser situation :)

Thanks ladies :) It's frustrating cos I'm between sizes. I'm 14 on top, but my 16 trousers, jeans, etc are hanging off me, yet 14 bottoms too tight yet! I can get into them and just do them up, but lets face it, no one likes a camels toe!! :eek::eek::eek: lol

PMSL @ Camel toe :8855:

I'm the opposite. Got an ok arse and legs but got a broad back and spare tyres around the middle on my top half. Of course the last place I lose it is in the place where I most need to...typical :rolleyes:.

The trouble I have is that I have enough arse for 2 people! But I will get into those smaller trousers sooner or later and that is all that matters!
Gem

:8855::8855::8855:

VWyas are never a a good sight!!!

We were told at our class it is 10-14lb per dress size.

A skirt that was tight on me now sits more like a hipster skirt. So, I think I have gone down a size.

I am a pear....maybe even better, a pyramid lol

I look like two different people! Like the saggitarian I am. An ass ass for an ass lol

I hope my bottom half loses weight faster. It probably wont though :(:sigh::p

A pyramid, are you sure you haven't got a distorted mirror Fuffs?? :D:D

Just for the record though people, I do not have a camel toe, honestly :rolleyes::rolleyes: lol

K xx

I think people can be different in how much they lose to lose a dress size but mine seemed to be about 12 pounds. xxx

A pyramid, are you sure you haven't got a distorted mirror Fuffs?? :D:D

Just for the record though people, I do not have a camel toe, honestly :rolleyes::rolleyes: lol

K xx

I forgot my slim ankles....errmmm....I must be like a diamond!!lol

I didn't read it as you have a camels toe....I read it as you would if in size 14 trousers at the mo lol

LOL @camel toe :D

I was wondering about this too Kerry :) I'm now in 18's on the bottom and they're hanging off me clown styleee, I can fit in to 16's but they make my thighs looks HUUUUGE so I'll be sticking out the 18's for a bit longer.

Back