How much weight to a dress size?

I'm currently wearing OH's 16's, which are big, but all my 14's are too small. There's 3 1/2 stone between us. Dunno what that tells you though. She also carries all her weight on her tummy area. Mine is all over.

I'd say for me, it's more than a stone per dress size. I'm currently in 12 bottoms & 14/16 tops (big boobs!) and I'm 11st 7. I've lost 25lbs but only dropped 1 dress size, and I know from experience I have to be 10st or under to fit in a 10.

I think it's really difficult to tell..

my friend and i are pretty much the same weight bar about 5 pounds difference, she is a 16 and i am a 12.. but then because everyone carrys it differently you can't really go on weight. xxx

I think because when I was at my biggest I was kidding myself with sizes, I have been a bit dissapointed in this regard.

When I started I would try clothes on and if they were over a size 20 I would blame the sizing and not buy them. I would SEARCH until I found a size label that I was happy with, rather than just accept that I was a lot larger than I thought.

Recently I bought a pair of trousers at Matalan and I would only fit in their size 18. I was gutted that after 4 stone loss I had apparently only gone down 1 dress size. This was when I realised how long I had been kidding myself. I reacon I must have been nearer a size 24 when I started but would never have admitted that (rather wear a 20 and display my camal's toe for all the world to see!)

xxxx

i'm the same i think i was wearing a fourteen bottom sixteen top and now my fourteen bottoms are getting baggier but i have lost 19 pounds and still not dropped to a twelve so i reckon the 14-12 divide is the biggy maybe this time next month i'll be there i'm very excited i have my skinny jeans there ready for me lol

I too kidded myself about my size when I was bigger. I told myself I was an 18 when I was really a 20. I literally stretched my 18's into 20's. :)

Princessaria, I can't wait to wear skinny jeans and look the biz! This time next month....got my fingers and toes crossed for you chick :)

xx

thanks indie i am sooo soo desperate i couldn even get em over my legs before but not they fasten i just have horrendous muffin top lol there isn't room for camels toe everything is pushed to the top.lol

Thanks ladies :) It's frustrating cos I'm between sizes. I'm 14 on top, but my 16 trousers, jeans, etc are hanging off me, yet 14 bottoms too tight yet! I can get into them and just do them up, but lets face it, no one likes a camels toe!! :eek::eek::eek: lol

Camel toe! :rotflmao: I've just spluttered coffee all over my moniter on reading that, you've just cheered me right up - Gonna be giggling all the way on the school run! Thank you! :D

I remember on Gok Wan he had given a few ladies those magic jeans that make you look thinner? They were very expensive (around the £150 mark) but they really did make a huge difference, can anyone remember the brand name??

I guess the best thing though it to lose the weight rather than spend a small fortune on jeans that make you look thin! I could never spend that much money on jeans! The last pair of Jeans I got were £19 from the Littlewoods website!

Camel toe! :rotflmao: I've just spluttered coffee all over my moniter on reading that, you've just cheered me right up - Gonna be giggling all the way on the school run! Thank you! :D

LMAO...Glad I've cheered you up hun :D Although, sorry about your monitor :eek: lol

I think I really need to start watching gok. Everyone always goes on about him....When is it on?

xx

I'm currently kidding myself into thinking that I'm a 16! Only two pairs of 16s fit - and I have lots of them! If I were to go into a shop tomorrow, I doubt I could find anything in the store that fit me in a 16.

Last year I lost 1st 9lb and went from an 18 to a 15 so I'm with the 14lb theory

I'm hoping that getting back on track and get back into those 15s soon! lol

I've heard people on here mention size 15 clothes before, is there really such a thing and where do you get them? :)

I have almost lost 3 stone and have gone down a clothes size and a half. My consultant said when I was at 2 stone loss is that two clothes sizes now then, I said no because my body seems to work in a way that takes it a while to change clothes sizes. I would love to try a 16 on and it fit, which it may but I dont want the disappointment so keep putting it off.

I lost 3 stone and went down 2 dress sizes, however I think I too was kidding myself a bit - I say I've gone from a tight size 16 to a comfy, sometimes a bit big, size 12.

I've been told it's 10 to 14 pound per dress size but it does all depend on people's body shapes.

Shops don't help though, I still have buy a 14 in some shops and a 10 in others.

I THINK IF I TRIED SOMETHING ON AND IT WAS A TEN AND IT FIT COMFORTABLY I WOULD HAVE A FUNNY TURN AND KEEL OVER IN THE MIDDLE OF PRIMANKY !!! Seriously i'm not even joking

Back