How much???

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Eating Out' started by kingleds, 14 April 2011 Social URL.

1. kingleds

kingleds Gold Member

Diet:
    SW all the way
    Today is the 1st day i have been out at lunchtime without my own food so had to buy something. Just bought a salad and some chicken and it came to over a fiver!!! No wonder people chose mcd's or kfc when they are out! How can a supermarket justify charging so much for salad???

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Laws

Laws Full Member

Start Weight:
    8st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I spent over a fiver today just getting bread ham tomatoes and lettuce just to make a miserable tiny nimble bread sandwich lol!

4. RegField

RegField Silver Member

Supermarkets don't have to justify what they charge for anything. They put a price on something, we choose whether to buy it or not. There is no point trying to ascribe moral values to big business. Or small business, either!

5. RegField

RegField Silver Member

But how many sandwiches will you be able to make for your fiver?

6. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

At least you made a good choice! Well done for that :)

I don't go to mcd's but am partial to a kfc once or twice a year, and you don't get much for a fiver there.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.