how often do you eat?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by mod-karen79, 18 July 2008 Social URL.

1. mod-karen79

mod-karen79 rainbows holiday buddy :)

how often do you lot eat? i find myself eat less and less frequently - i guess the fibre really is filling me up! with me there's probably about a 5 hour gap between eating.

i know eating regularly (every couple of hours) is supposed to keep your metabolism burning quickly...does anyone else eat so frequently?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. 30FlirtyGirl

30FlirtyGirl Call me Nicky xx

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I eat breakfast at 7.30am then I make lunch last between 11.30 and 2pm and Dinner at 6.30-7pm. I exercise anywhere between 7.30-8.30 and have a green tea at 9pm.

4. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

unfortunately I eat every 2 hours or so... but I'm an emotional eater. Hopefully I'll slow down a bit soon!!

5. Fattyfattyboomboom

Fattyfattyboomboom Silver Member

Start Weight:
    23st6lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st0lb(21.34%)
    Diet:
    Sensible eating/more exercise
    ;I eat when my LU eats...so in the morning within 1 hour -ish of getting up so about 8;30 9am...then about lunch about 1:30ish....and then 5:45 ish dinner. But I stop after that. I drink a lot of water so I usually don't really feel very hungry. You just eat when you feel you are hungry. There is not point in eating for the sake of eating- I think-...because then you are never really satifised....IMO

6. *daisy*

*daisy* Full Member

Diet:
    slimming world
    i never used to eat much or often before SW - thats why i think my body ended up turning what i did eat into fat ! , however i have been trying to snack every 2-3 hrs on fruit (which i am finding hard but trying to keep it up)
    to keep my metabolism going - im quite lucky tho as i work with children and we have a fruit bowl accessible at all times for the children and staff to pick at so during the day i dont even have to pay for my fruit :)

7. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

If only it were that simple!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Fattyfattyboomboom

Fattyfattyboomboom Silver Member

Start Weight:
    23st6lb
    Current Weight:
    18st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st0lb(21.34%)
    Diet:
    Sensible eating/more exercise

Hahaha...well I guess we all have our own ideas. But then ask me in a couple of months and I my have another. I have just come of CDing so I am really understand about having food. But at the end of the day, if you read what your body is telling you, you won' really over eat...it's the eating ( because it's time) just makes you develope the habit of not listening to your body's signals. Plus we all know that if you don't drink enough...you will feel hungry ( which is actually your thirst and not hunger). But then I am probably telling y'all how to suck eggs huh...hahaha

Well it is just my opinion. ;)

9. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

that may be the case for you and lucky you. Really. But I have food issues and use it for emotional reasons. I am unable to do what you are capable of doing right now. Maybe in the future. KD gives me hope as she has mastered most if not all of her demons. But there are many people who have become overweight who, despite knowing the science behind things and how to eat correctly, still eat in a way that results in them being obese/morbidly obese.

I understand the logic of what you are saying but really it surprises me a little - but you must be one of those lucky people that just gradually put on some weight over the years by having a latte's worth of extra calories a day or something :)

10. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(30.4%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    It depends on WHAT I'm eating. If I have meals then I will just have that but mostly when I am at work I eat little and often. I tend to eat through boredom so I get in there first and make sure I have something to munch on all day

11. abigail09

abigail09 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st5lb(3.13%)
    i have breakfast at 8.15, lunch at 12.30 and dinner at around 6. i tend to snack -mainly out of habit after my dinner til bed time on whatever is lying around, fruit, pickled onions, cottage cheese, yogurts and if i havent had all my healthy extras i will either have cereal, a hifi bar or toast. also if i havent had all my syns i might run to the corner shop and have some revels or a curly wirly on a night too.

i know i shouldnt eat so much on a night but like i say its really out of habit

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.