How often do you slip up?

summerrose

I am have been doing SW for about a month but have actually never stuck to it for a full week! It gets to Saturday and I have a drink which means I eat all day Sunday! Sometimes this continues to the Monday!

My asda is getting delivered tomorrow night so I am going to do Wednesday - Tuesday 100%. No alcohol at all at the weekend which will mean no Sunday binge. How much of a difference do you think this will make?

I have lost weight, I havent weighed myself because I have no scales but my clothes fit better and I have had many comments on my weight loss so it does still work for me even if I have never had a 100% week before.

I know how you feel!
I've been going up and down with my weight since xmas and I'm exactly the same as I was then.
I get into the habit of treating myself to something with 30 syns or so at the beginning of the week, and saying 'well, i just won't have many syns this week' then get to the weekend and having even more!
it's a vicious cycle right now, we just need to break it!

I slip up almost every week, especially at the weekends, but I try to minimise the damage and compensate for it during the week, and it's working so far, but I know it could work better if I could be more careful at the weekend.

This weekend past I managed to eat out three times, twice at the Chinese!!

I don't 'slip up' at all really. SW has become a way of life for me. When I do eat out, I make SW savvy choices and flexisyn, and when I have a night out (alas, not that often!) I stick to spirits and only have a single scampi from the kebab house, instead of a scampi supper! hahahaha Little choices make ALL the difference, in the big, long scheme of things.

Don't think of this as a 'diet' and 'slipping up'. Just try to alter your choices a little bit....you know you're going to want to munch the day after a night out? Fine; make sure you get in plenty lean sausages, bacon, eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes etc and have five [non]fry ups, if that's what you fancy! Pig out AND SW! Doesn't have to be one or the other on this plan, you know ;-)

I slip up most weeks but try to be flexiable as if I went on a downer everytime I messed up I would be more fatter then I am now. But I am still here and still have the faith that I can come through this!

I haven't really slipped up yet, on WI night we sometimes get a chinese, but I'll order plain boiled rice and a lower syn dish, so I don't really go over, although sometimes I flexi syn, but thats only every few weeks, like this saturday I'll be flexi synning because I'm having a BBQ for my birthday, although I am making most of it myself at either syn free or very low syn, but I might want a couple of drinks, since I hardly ever drink unless it's an occasion.

I don't 'slip up' at all really. SW has become a way of life for me. When I do eat out, I make SW savvy choices and flexisyn, and when I have a night out (alas, not that often!) I stick to spirits and only have a single scampi from the kebab house, instead of a scampi supper! hahahaha Little choices make ALL the difference, in the big, long scheme of things.

Don't think of this as a 'diet' and 'slipping up'. Just try to alter your choices a little bit....you know you're going to want to munch the day after a night out? Fine; make sure you get in plenty lean sausages, bacon, eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes etc and have five [non]fry ups, if that's what you fancy! Pig out AND SW! Doesn't have to be one or the other on this plan, you know ;-)

This and the reply from Happy Holidays are really good!!
Reaching target has shown me even more that SW has to be a way of life.
Please don't think of it as a diet, because, you'll need to follow the principles even when you have reached target.

We all get days/weeks when the munchies hit, or we've got an event to go to, so plan for it and work your week around that.
Diets are all about denying ourselves, well, you really, really don't have to do that with SW, but, you do have to re-think how you approach food!!
Enjoy. x

every week!

Back