How often do you weigh?

stripedsocks

As title says, how often do you weigh yourself? I'm into myy second week and after 2 DDs (Sunday and yesterday) I'm a bit disappointed that the scales haven't shifted downover even by and ounce :( My 'official weigh day' is Friday but I've found that the last fortnight I'm weighing after every fast day. Am I setting myself up for disappointment?:confused:

YES!!! I did exactly the same as you and nearly lost faith.
I started the diet with a down day on a Monday. Although I did my initial weigh in the on the Tuesday morning after this. I then had another on Wednesday and half a down day on Friday (only ate 470 calories but went to the pub for a few pints which I did not count). I weighed myself on the Sunday after my 2.5 fasts and was gutted to have only lost half a pound. I nearly gave up but thought I would give it one more week as I felt as though I had lost more. When I got weighed on Tuesday I had lost 5 pounds!
I am on my 2nd week now. I am going to continue with Monday, Wednesday and Friday for fast days with maybe a few glasses of cheat wine on Friday.

I'm really bad for weighing in all the time which is rubbish due to weight fluctuation on this diet. I always weigh in after a fast day!

I'm really bad for weighing in all the time which is rubbish due to weight fluctuation on this diet. I always weigh in after a fast day!

I always nip on the scales first thing in the morning and watch the weight go up/down. It doesn't bother me that it goes up as the trend is down and sometimes you get a nice surprise after a fast day or even the day after a fast day.

My current weight is always the lowest morning weight after a good fasting week :)

I was planning to wait nearly a month before weighing but that is unlikely for me. In the book I read he said it takes 3 weeks of intermittent fasting before your body really starts to use fat as an efficient fuel on your fast days and then weight loss should be steady from then on. Im hoping to at least feel a bit slimmer in a week, my work trousers feel like they are trying to sever me in half so any improvement there would be nice!

I was planning to wait nearly a month before weighing but that is unlikely for me. In the book I read he said it takes 3 weeks of intermittent fasting before your body really starts to use fat as an efficient fuel on your fast days and then weight loss should be steady from then on. Im hoping to at least feel a bit slimmer in a week, my work trousers feel like they are trying to sever me in half so any improvement there would be nice!

I think the 3 weeks is probably right - it's so hard not to keep jumping on the scales but I find quite a bit of weight fluctuation with 5:2

Back