how often to weigh?

cupcake101

I was just wondering how often everyone weighs themselves? I always say I'm going to do it once a week and then end up doing it every day and getting myself down if it hasn't gone down. Which is stupid because I don't expect to lose weight every day :/. im considering trying every 2 weeks, and just locking the scales away in between! lol

xxx

I weigh my my self once a week,...well this is my first week actually lol and i've already taken out the scales on Friday and today (mondays my weigh in day). I'm planning on telling my dad to take them and hide them in his room so i can't find them lol. :D

I would say once a week! If you do it more than that you may get down if you dont lose it as fast as you think you are gonna. Hence one a week then if you dont lose anything or you stay the same it isnt as much as a shock :)

Good luck!

I weigh once a week as well... I think a lot of us do the weighing every day at some point.

What rusticblond says is very true :)

Definately just once a week. My neighbour used to be on and off her scales like a yoyo - sometimes three times a day! Of course as soon as the scales went up, she was straight to the biscuit tin.

I hate the fact that i watch the little pin not seem to move :p

I weigh myself every day but don't beat myself up if it fluctuates in the wrong direction. It's just to keep an eye on it really and make sure what I'm doing lifestyle-wise is working for me as I'm not with a slimming club or being monitored by a dietician :)

The battery has gone in my electronic scales, and I'm just not going to replace it. Too much temptation to daily weigh otherwise, so I'm just gonna stick with the scales at my weekly SW weigh-in! :)

The battery has gone in my electronic scales, and I'm just not going to replace it. Too much temptation to daily weigh otherwise, so I'm just gonna stick with the scales at my weekly SW weigh-in! :)

I agree... you will kick yourself by stepping on the scales everyday! I know i used to.... and i still find it hard not to as im expecting for me to drop a lb a day hahaha!

I only 'record' once a week but admit to hopping on and off in between. Bad habit, but hard to resist.

I only 'record' once a week but admit to hopping on and off in between. Bad habit, but hard to resist.

Naughty Barb!! :slap: :D

I think it is personal preference. Some like to weigh every day but as weight fluctuates could you cope with a gain? Others weigh once a week.

Irene xx

For my records once a week, but every morning so I can keep tabs on myself and not get lazy

Back