how often to weigh?

sugarsnappea

I am midely obsessed with weighing myself everyday. I know I shouldn't but I just do!

How often should I weigh myself?
I find that if I lose say .8 I am really motivated - and if I gain any even .2 I am motivated still as I really want this to happen. So in a way i think its good, but I am not to sure that its healthy - looking forward to weighing myself every morning? lol.

Mmmmm.............I know a lot of people on here are like yourself and like to have that weigh in everyday to motivate them but I'm a 'once a week girl!' I would become far too obsessive about it and feel I'd fall off the wagon if I hadn't lost everyday. I weigh in on Saturday morning and actually really look forward to it. The weight loss keeps me motivated over the weekend and before I know it Wednesday arrives and then I'm extra good knowing Saturday is just around the corner again! Everyone's different though and you just have to do what works for you.

ohh fair enough!
I think either way it makes me more motivated. Like yesterday I had quite a silly day food wise - and weighed this morning, and I was the same bloody weight. So today it has really spurred me to be EXTRA good. Even losing .2 of a pound makes me estatic haha. I am easy to please :D

unfortunately everyday, but I only count my weigh in day (saturday) as my real weight, so nothing is in the bag so to speak before then... sometimes I can gain a lb or two say after the start of the week then it drops below my previous weigh in so I have gotten used to how my body drops weight... crazy the little things we do. I would love to give em up I hate them.

yeah, my "proper" weigh in day is monday morning, so I am sure to stay on track ALL week :p

oh well I guess its not too bad to weigh everyday. It certainly keeps my mind on CC!

Hi Sugarsnappea, hope ur ok after yesterday i was going to ask reading from another thread you mentioned u avoid carbs like pasta, rice and bread (sometimes) What do you have instead? because i feel like carb has to be a main for me either for lunch or Dinner and i like wholemeal seeded breads what do u think?

well I dont avoid carbs allll the time .

Today for example .. I had

Breakfast - a breakfast bar

Lunch - 2 small wholemeal pitta breads with tuna and lettuce and cucumber

Dinner tonight will be - a small piece of rump steak (all the visible fat cut off) with a big salad with peppers, lettuce, cucumber, cherry tomatoes and one boiled egg chopped up.

So if I fancy something carby I will have it at lunch.

I do eat jacket potatoes too - but I try and only have that either for lunch, so I have a chance to burn it off - or I will have it once or twice a week at dinner.

Sometimes a salad simply doesnt fill me up - so I will have a fruit salad and yoghurt later on in the evening - as long as I stay within my cal range, I save them up for the evening as this is when I get most hungry.

things like wholemeal bread, rice and pasta are better for you than white bread and pasta! if you find it fills you up - just swap it for the wholemeal/brown stuff.

i weigh myself every day pretty much and include tuesday as my offical weigh in day. HOWEVER im thinking im changing my day to friday, as i find that i weigh more at start of week ethen i do at the end :(

Well I was quite relaxed about weighing myself and used to just do one weigh-in a week.
However, since my weight loss has slowed down I have found myself weighing every day which is not good. For example I was 2.5 pounds heavier this morning than I was on my proper weigh in on Monday! It's quite de-motivating as I have effectively put on a weeks loss even though I have had a completely normal week.
So I would stay if you can manage to stick to once a week then do!

I sneak a peek at the scales three or four times a week - but Monday morning is the only one that counts.

I am getting on every day and it does motivate u but only if you lose. If you gain i am then finding it is upsetting me and i am ona downer for ages after seeing it! I am stuck in a plateau at the mo. Have been stuck between 11,10 and 11,8 going up and down between the 2 between weigh ins for the past 2-3 weeks and its reall starting to annoy me. I am tryin hard not to get ont he scales BUT i keep thinking, that lb MAY have dropped back off!

yeah I have found that this week - I have lost a pound - then gained it again.
So it has kinda made me think " oh f**k this," and then I will eat a bit more. Now I wont eat like I used to .. just today for example - I had a packet of squares. I didnt need them - and usually I wouldnt have had them. Its silly!!

Anyway - tomorrow I am having a sensible day. Also you know, I find I eat more when I am aw work. WHY IS THIS?! I work as a beauty consultant - so basically standing around all day waiting and serving customers. ... when it comes to lunch time, like today I had a prawn salad, a packet of squares, a tub of pinapple AND some watermelon. Admittidely all of that adds to 500 ish cals. .. so not that much - but its more than I needed. I wasn't THAT hungry.

It makes me mad thinking about it!

I am the same as you Vicky and it's frustrating and sometimes even when I make that next lb it can go back on again :( I think our moto should be..

'Whatever you see and whatever it reads carry on regardless'

keep going because it will happen, it has to work if your intake of cals is less than burning, its just your body is taking stock at the moment, it's a survival mechanism back to the days when mankind faced real starvation during winter months, if our bodies couldn't really stop the fat going at a quick rate we would have died out! Pitch in you will get there xx

Im a once a day weigher too, every morning when I get out of bed after my first wee wee. My official weigh in is on Fridays though.

Back