How often to you weigh in ?

Discussion in 'Exante' started by louiser, 2 January 2014 Social URL.

1. louiser

louiser Trying very hard!

Start Weight:
    19st9lb
    Current Weight:
    17st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(10.18%)
    Diet:
    Low Carb
    Hi All,

I know this thread has been done to death but I was just wondering about the reasons behind why we do what we do....!!!

I have been toying with the idea this time of weighing myself monthly. I was a little naughty before and used to jump on them every day and it lead to me trying to nibble things and see if it made any difference. I know from the past how my weighins fluctuated from week to week and I struggled with the frustrations of being 100% week in week out and then having a 1lb weight loss.

Has anyone else tried keeping it to monthly?

x x x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. louiser

louiser Trying very hard!

Start Weight:
    19st9lb
    Current Weight:
    17st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(10.18%)
    Diet:
    Low Carb
    I have told my husband to hide the scales and not give them back to me until the end of the month. I so hope this works and keeps my head in check! xxx

4. gigglepants

gigglepants Because I'm Happy!

Start Weight:
    13st5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Good luck! I weigh weekly, I lose slow so daily weighing is out. But I need to weigh weekly to keep me in check I think.

5. chase

chase Member

Hi,
    I am going to weigh inn weekly as I feel I will need the motivation of seeing the numbers drop, I am totally a numbers person though, I like to set goals and work twds then, but I have no patience to wait an entire month to see my first result, even thought I bet it would be amazing!

Start Weight: 194lbs
    Goal Weight: 140 lbs
    Total Loss so far:

6. chris8391

chris8391 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st4.5lb
    Current Weight:
    16st6.4lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st12lb
    Lost(%):
    0st12.1lb(4.99%)
    Diet:
    Exante TS
    I'm weighing in Daily for week 1 but will be going weekly after that.

7. jellybellies

jellybellies Full Member

Start Weight:
    22st4lb
    Current Weight:
    20st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(8.97%)
    I always swear i'm not going to be a daily weigher but then can't help myself... but its never a negative for me, i either use it to dig my heels in and try a little more exercise or i'm dead chuffed and drink some water to celebrate haha

Looking forward to seeing how your monthly weigh in plan goes, i might change tactics :)

8. Samprand

Samprand WILL do it!

Start Weight:
    19st7lb
    Current Weight:
    17st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st12lb(9.52%)
    Diet:
    Exante TS
    I'm normally a daily weigher when I'm behaving myself lol But my scales are being dodgy right now so by the looks of it I might end up being a monthly weigher instead!

9. surfybeachbabe

surfybeachbabe Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st10lb
    Current Weight:
    16st6lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(12.21%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    I can't seem to help myself weighing in daily! I know I shouldn't but I can't help myself.
    I know I'm going to fluctuate over the week so it just gives me that little nudge to monitor what I am eating ( on working solution) and push a bit harder to get to my goal.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.