How on earth do you cheat??

lshafik

I have been on this for 8 days and I can't think of anything worse than taking myself out of Ketosis.

The fear is enough for me to not cheat at all...I just don't know how i could do it...I mean - even the fact I was offered the taste of my friends sauce yesterday - that put the fear of god in to me!

l have been on cd for 6 weeks and had a planned day off for mum's day and l agree totally not worth getting out of ketosis for,on the other hand to sit a have a family meal out it was worth it for my hubby and son its is hard to get back into ,but sometimes its hard to avoid some social occasions which does involve food , my opinion only

LOL, I remember feeling like that. I'm going to be very careful what I say here lest I lead you astray, but let's just say that once you've cheated once, it's a lot easier to cheat again and again... :sigh:

Ishafic I too felt like you the first time I did CD back in 2009 losing 51/2 stone in 4 months. I was so scared of coming out of ketosis cos I knew I'd lose control that the fear kept me going. I didn't work up the plans and hence I've put on and restarted many times. I should really of addressed my relationship with food cos once you refeed and that fear is gone its down to wil power and attitude and that's the hard bit.

Lily's right the first time you're on CD is the easiest (but not easy) once you restart cheating is not so scarey! xxx

In my first 9 weeks I'm thoroughly ashamed to say that I felt so superior to people who had blips as I didn't waver at all, I think I had an extra bar one day and felt guilty for about a week after - that was my only blip! Then one day I was feeling really unwell and next thing you know.....I'm eating choccys, toast, you name it, and 2 weeks later..still was! Finally back on the wagon now - wish I had the same frame of mind that I did for the first 2 months, but am definitely humbled now and more understanding lol

but food is sooo not worth falling off the wagon for!

I have been on this for 8 days and I can't think of anything worse than taking myself out of Ketosis.

The fear is enough for me to not cheat at all...I just don't know how i could do it...I mean - even the fact I was offered the taste of my friends sauce yesterday - that put the fear of god in to me!

Saw this thread and you've inspired me to post the same for Exante (which I'm doing)
I've been doing it for 14weeks total solution and not cheated once! So, not everyone cheats...there's no point in it whatever anybody says..
you're just cheating yourself at the end of the day if you cheat.
xx

I'm not saying I am amazing and yes only been on it 8 days but for some reason (after reading someones post recently) even at the start they were thinking of ways out of it...like having coke zero - i would have thought that wasn't great.

Also people need to read what are in the shake n spice things - i had loads at home but I checked what was in them and most had garlic and dried onion and salt.

No chance am I using those...pure spices instead.

I dunno - I may change my mind but I guess for the money I am paying to do it I need to follow it to a T AND I don't want my health to play havoc if I don't follow it by the book.

Someone has sat there and written the rules for CD, I assume with someone in the Health profession to ensure this is a healthy way to lose weight.

I guess I should revisit this when I get to week 12.

I have even made my brother make me something seperate for his wedding in May as I will be on week 6 by then....I am being prepared and it will be in Florida.

I am not letting anything get passed me this time!

Maybe I can do this now because I actually was happy with the way I was in terms of how I looked. My only concern was my health.

I know exactly what you mean! This is my 3rd time doing the CD and I know it will be the last time i ever diet!!

I am away for the weekend with friends and it has been planned since last year so I will eat and i will have alcohol.

I already feel very nervous about taking myself out of ketosis but I know I have to get straight back into it come Monday and I am prepared for a weight gain (which I hope wont be much) next Tuesday when I weigh in!!

My problem last year when i did the CD was that I had occasions that I wanted to lose a bit of weight for then quit after these dates!

I know now that this is a life turning chance for me, I am so desperately miserable inside being big and long to have back the confidence I had years ago when I was happy with my weight! xx

I think it is just a matter of coming to that realisation that life is going to be different from now on.

I suppose I have had 30 years of fun and eating what I like and want and now I have to think about eating what I need and keeping healthy for the next 30 years (quite frankly when and if I get to 60 I will then let lose and do what the heck I like!)

I wish i had the resolve of most people on here. I got to day 4 and cheated! Have in 4 weeks lost 20lbs which I am happy with, but there's barely a day I don't cheat. Feeling despondent about it all really Xxxxx

Ahh to have that same determination back! yep I had that same ketosis fear and thought anyone who blipped was a weak fool…now I am that weak fool! Even though I'm just a whisker away from loosing 3 stone, I've dropped 3 dress sizes and my sciatica has gone, do you think thats enough to make me resist food??….:rolleyes: Getting over the hunger is the easy part, the hard part comes later when your true problems with food resurface and you can't fight the demons anymore.

I truly admire those who can stick to this diet 100% and they do exist so well done to those people, but as you'll see on this forum many of us flit back and forth, have good days and bad days but at the end of it all if you reach your goal and achieve your dream of being slim who cares how you got there! :)

Last edited:
I wish i had the resolve of most people on here. I got to day 4 and cheated! Have in 4 weeks lost 20lbs which I am happy with, but there's barely a day I don't cheat. Feeling despondent about it all really Xxxxx

I don't stick to the diet 100% as I tweak it so it works for me. When I first did it before Xmas I was so scared of cheating and being knocked out of ketosis but now I have the odd little cheat like a tiny bit of sauce with my chicken etc and it actually keeps me on track. After Xmas I tried to get back on the diet 100% and I found i would do it for a few days then have a binge :( now I've found a way that works for me and means I'd rather have that tiny cheat instead of a massive blow out and I'm still losing weight. My CDC actually agrees with this because she's seen I'm still getting the results I want. I haven't been in ketosis since I got back on track 3 weeks ago and I feel fine about it, I don't need it.

It's one of those things that works for some and doesn't for others as a little cheat for one could lead to eating more and more for another.

LOL, ............. but let's just say that once you've cheated once, it's a lot easier to cheat again and again... :sigh:

So true. That first cheat just seems to open the door to more cheats.
We might as well just tear up the money, cos CD is such a strict process that works if carried out to the letter. We all want the end result, so we need to be firm and resist all temptation .
Very easy to say, but a hard task if we believe that a cheat will not ruin things.
I have seen friends just throw away their money on CD. They cheat at the weekend and just let their weight losses bounce up and down, ending up with no weight loss after several weeks. Only the purse is lighter.
I can't face tearing up £40 a week, but I don't always find CD easy. The weekly results keep me strong.

I'm not saying I am amazing and yes only been on it 8 days but for some reason (after reading someones post recently) even at the start they were thinking of ways out of it...like having coke zero - i would have thought that wasn't great.

Also people need to read what are in the shake n spice things - i had loads at home but I checked what was in them and most had garlic and dried onion and salt.

No chance am I using those...pure spices instead.

I dunno - I may change my mind but I guess for the money I am paying to do it I need to follow it to a T AND I don't want my health to play havoc if I don't follow it by the book.

Someone has sat there and written the rules for CD, I assume with someone in the Health profession to ensure this is a healthy way to lose weight.

I guess I should revisit this when I get to week 12.

I have even made my brother make me something seperate for his wedding in May as I will be on week 6 by then....I am being prepared and it will be in Florida.

I am not letting anything get passed me this time!

Maybe I can do this now because I actually was happy with the way I was in terms of how I looked. My only concern was my health.

You're in the zone, hunni - and that's fab. :happy096: The first time I did Cambridge, I was 100%, no cheats whatsoever for 5 months - and unsurprisingly, I lost just over 5 and a half stones. And then I went on holiday - with the best of intentions (took a load of shakes with me)... and caved on the second day. Once out of my routine, in a different environment, it took nothing at all to make me feel deprived. It was my holiday, I reasoned. I deserved to eat things I hadn't eaten for ages. So I did.

I've never been able to do Cambridge 100% for longer than a month since.

I'm not saying it's impossible to get back on track, cos others have done it (thank God - that's why I keep the faith!). But it's so very much more difficult than you might imagine. You never come at the diet from the same place you were at in the first place. When I started Cambridge, I was almost 18 stone. At the point of taking that holiday, I was 12 stone. I didn't recognise myself in photos. I actually looked a whole lot less than 12 stone (people didn't believe me when I told them I still had a couple of stones to lose). So because I wasn't as big, it wasn't so much of a big deal in my head. I've been half-hearted about losing the rest of my weight ever since, even though my weight has crept back up to over 14 stone (it even got to over 15 stone for a while).

I often wonder whether things would be different now if I'd carried on doing Cambridge through that holiday. I guess I'll never know. :)

If there's one thing I want to tell you - and of course, you might be able to do what I couldn't and climb back aboard the wagon successfully - it would be to keep going until you reach goal. That special occasion you're planning to come off the diet for - the holiday, special birthday, Christmas - there'll be hundreds of special occasions after you reach goal. Stop along the way - and you risk taking the incredibly frustrating (and expensive!) scenic route to goal...

Last edited:
I have a hen weekend in June I will have done almost 12 weeks of CD and I know that won't be enough. I am terrified of coming out of ketosis. However I am not going to cheat merely have a planned pause and get straight back on. I have been reading Beck and she doesn't like the word cheat. ;-)

flab fighter said:
I have a hen weekend in June I will have done almost 12 weeks of CD and I know that won't be enough. I am terrified of coming out of ketosis. However I am not going to cheat merely have a planned pause and get straight back on. I have been reading Beck and she doesn't like the word cheat. ;-)

That's such a good attitude. I've had several pauses the most recent being last week when I took my nieces away for a few days. I make a concious decision to stop but I also decide at the same time exactly when I'm going back to 100%. So far it's worked and I'm still losing a steady stone a month.

And maybe that's the subtle but important difference between what you've managed to do, Starlight (and what you're planning to do, flabfighter) and what I did. You planned it. :)

Back