How overweight to join in the UK?

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Honey123, 7 September 2009 Social URL.

1. Honey123

Honey123 Member

In New Zealand you have to be at least 5kg overweight to join WW (from memory - I may have that wrong). I was at my goal weight and have gained 10kg again! I need to get this sorted, and quickly.

I have found a local meeting to attend tomorrow night - but I am not sure that I would be allowed to join. I am 5 foot 6 (167cm) and weigh about 75kg (just under 12 stone). I have been looking on the WW website but I can find no information on initial joining weight.

Can someone help please!? I really don't want to turn up tomorrow night and be told that I can't join.

Many thanks

2. Avatar Matched Content

3. Purple_Star

Purple_Star Silver Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    Hi Ally

I just checked my file, and the minimum joining weight for someone 5 ft 6 is 9 stone 3. This is because the healthy weight range is 8 stone 12 to 11 stone 1. You need to have at least 5lbs to lose, and you may not go below the healthy weight range - therefore the minimum joining weight is 5lbs above the bottom of your healthy weight range.

Hope this makes sense!

Nicola xx
    Mini likes this.
  4. Honey123

Honey123 Member

Thanks for your answer. I went along and joined last night - feels good to be back in the fold :)

Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.