How quick to get into ketosis??

juliebags

Silver Member
His is probably a silly question,,,,i am starting cambridge again today after doing really well in the summer, after a few holidays fallen off the wagon !! I am going away again in 2 weeks a need to lose at least 10lbs .... Being very optimistic i know , i currently weigh 12st2lbs!!
If i exercise will i get into ketosis quicker ??? I need to start burning fat as soon as possible !! After my mini break i intend to continue with this diet , do you think its possible to get into ketosis in under 3 dsys ????

Hi there,

as far as I am aware exercise doesn't get you into ketosis any faster and instead it has more to do with the amount of carbs in your system. For example of you were not a huge carb eater or began phasing them out before you started then you will go into ketosis faster. I got into ketosis after 4 days and it took me 3 days after I have one planned night off for an event. You will still be losing weight even if you aren't in ketosis so the best you can do it stick to plan, get the water down you and see how you go. If you have done cambridge before you should already a have a good idea of how much you can lose within your first two weeks so I would aim for that.

Hi laura thanks for replying , i think i was just hoping the exercise would use up glycogen stores faster ... Lol ,,, wishful thinking !! Xxx

ketosis is more for the lack of hunger than the weight loss, people always forget about that. Eating such low calories a day is what causes weight loss, ketosis just stops your body losing that weight from muscles and uses fat instead of carbs. Its not actually the ketosis which makes you lose weight x

Oooh, sorry i was getting confused , i just thoight ketosis was a state that forced the body to use fat as fuel as all the glycogen stores had been used up , and loss of hunger was just a side effect ,,, hence thinking alittle extra exercise using up stores quicker would push me into fat burning mode quicker ,,,,,,,, never mind !!! Its just a waiting game xxx

Back