How Slimming World Works - Advice for Newbies (Updated for 2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.
But what difference does it really mean if you can eat as much of them ( within reason) as you want?

From what I get of it, for instance if eggs were still superfree you could have say eggs, bacon and beans for brekkie. Now you would have to fill 1/3 of your plate with say mushrooms and tomato. (and therefore less egg, beans and bacon)
It helps make sure you plate is properly balanced.

Tell me if i'mwrong

I think the thirds thing is confusing people. Basically all it means is that 1/3 of your plate should be fruit/vegetables. The rest of which can be made up of whatever you want. For example you could have fish and syn free chips, with peas. Or spag bol with some mushrooms, onions etc mixed into the sauce. These are just examples.

It also seems the speed foods and superfree is still causing confusion. You don't really need to worry about speed foods at this stage, they're just foods that are free, and are low in calorie density which means they fill you up for less calories.

When I started out superfree ment anything that was free on all plans. Now it means all fruit and vegetables that are free on all plans. And eggs, quorn etc, are free as they're not full of vitamins like fruit and veg are. That how EE works, that you can mix red and green together, but you need the fruit and veg to get the vitamins etc., rather than saying well eggs are free on all so I can have a meal with a third of the plate full of eggs.

I have to admit I am no expert on EE and the best thing to do if you're still confused is to ask your consultant.

Natt xxx

I lost 2lb's 2night so I must be doing something right although I don't feel I am!! haha!!
If I'm stuck this week, I will be back with a vengeance questioning you all on my meals!! hehe!! Next weeks weigh in is when I gained 0.5lb a month ago so I'm worried it'l be the same pattern. Going to try and fit in as much excersise as poss as well this week I think, even if its jus a swim now and again in the week!
Wish me luck!!
Thanks to you all for the help though, it helped a lot :)

I'm starting EE on mon, I really hope it works as the red/green plan wasn't great for me - I am a fussy meat eater on red and was always desperately ill after trying to eat quorn on green! My diet is so terrible at the moment that I'm sure anything has to be an improvement

cheers was a useful reminder to go through

Hi!

I've joined SW online 4 weeks ago and started the EE plan as recommended on the front page of the site. I heard about Green days and Red days, but couldn't see anything about them on the site. Anyway, 3 weeks later, after following the plan 100% I've realized that not only I'm not losing any of the 10 kg I want to lose, but I've managed to gain 2kg. For me, EE is a NO-NO. Finally, 2 days ago I've been able to access the green & red options(only after weighting in) and download the lists of superfree/free foods and healthy extras. It's extremely hard to access the Green Choice or Original Choice on the site for some reason...maybe because they're trying to promote as much as they can this new Extra Easy plan. I've started with an original day on sunday followed by a green day yesterday and today. I've paid £60 for a 3 months online subscription, but I am now very skeptical about this SW way of life. Obviously, the more i think about it, the more i understand why extra easy didn't work. I mean, how can you eat unlimited quantities of pasta and meat at the same time and lose weight when on a green day for ex you're supposed to eat unlimited pasta with a measured quantity of lean meat? It doesn't make sense. I'm thinking maybe this SW is not the way to go for me...maybe it's harder to lose weight if you don't have a lot to lose. I really love this ''diet'', it doesn't feel like one, I want to believe in it and keep on following it, but I need it to work for the sake of the money spent and more than anything my body. Anyone had the same bumpy start with SW as I do?

Thanks!

Hi Mirelush001!

I'll try and help best I can :)

For me, EE is a NO-NO.

It is true EE doesn't work for everyone, in fact SW doesn't work for everyone. Just like any plan.

It's extremely hard to access the Green Choice or Original Choice on the site for some reason...maybe because they're trying to promote as much as they can this new Extra Easy plan.

Yes this true SW are definately trying to promote EE!!

but I am now very skeptical about this SW way of life. Obviously, the more i think about it, the more i understand why extra easy didn't work. I mean, how can you eat unlimited quantities of pasta and meat at the same time and lose weight when on a green day for ex you're supposed to eat unlimited pasta with a measured quantity of lean meat? It doesn't make sense.

The reason you can eat unlimited pasta and meat on EE and not green is that with EE you need 1/3 of your plate filled with fruit/veg and you can only have 1A and 1B per day.

SW works if you follow it 100% no matter how much weight you have to lose. Whether it is harder or not I wouldn't know! (As you can tell by my ticker :p)

Could you post some food diaries so we can have a look over and see if there is anything you can improve on? Or if you've not got any food diaries how many A's B's and syns you have per day?

Natt xxx

Thanks, that is really useful stuff!!

this thread would have been good if ALL the information was correct!!!!! for instance you don't have to hae 1/3 plate of free food to lose weight!!! you will only get correct up to date information from group so please dont blame the Slimming World plans if you dont lose!!!!!

SW seems to be changing a lot, things are free that didn't used to be, things that were super free are now just free, and even EE only introduced in 2009 has had a few changes!

I have the 2010 Food Optimising book infront of me and on page 10 it states: "Fill 1/3 of your plate with Superfree Foods and make them your first choice between meals[...]"

But that doesn't mean it's changed since! I do Green, but my Mum does EE (at group) and hasn't reported any changes to me yet.

I totally agree that you will only get 100% support and correct advice if you go to meetings, that's the whole point of them :) Also the plans have a history of working - you're right about that!

Last edited:
this thread would have been good if ALL the information was correct!!!!! for instance you don't have to hae 1/3 plate of free food to lose weight!!! you will only get correct up to date information from group so please dont blame the Slimming World plans if you dont lose!!!!!
On page 14 it states " Remember to fill 1/3 of your plate with superfree food" on page 13 it states Fill1/3 of your plate with superfree foods (in big letters) and as Nat said also on page 10. To me that says it is part of the plan which is designed to help you lose weight. If I eat a plate full of pasta and bolognese instead of only having two thirds of a plate of these foods, my weight loss would be at a standstill even more than it is now.

great thread.Ive been doing slimming world on and off for 4 year and amzed by some of the changes that i have seen and sometimes forget always useful to have a quick refresher course by reading things like this!! thank everyone!!

Hi everyone. Thank you for this amazing thread. I'm joining Slimming World on thursday but going to try the free week of menus on the website to get a feel for it while I'm waiting for thursday to get here :)

Not done Slimming World before... kept going back to WW for years, kept losing, putting on, losing, putting on, giving up. Hoping this one I will stick to.

hey great advice, just new 2 all this but as said by othere members i keep losing and puting MORE bk on!!
so starting slimming world on wed!!
cant wait 2 get started! some1 told me nt 2 start the the 7 day trial so i will have a good weight lose on my first week!!
well done ever1 xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back