How Slimming World Works - Advice for Newbies (Updated for 2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could try the 7 day trial if you wanted a head start on getting your head round it, just tell your consultant when you join. Or you could just wait - completely up to you. Either way best of luck!

Natt xxx

Thanks for this great post! :D

great post thanks!!!!!! loving sw

Newbie Thanks

Thank you so much - still trying to get my head around all this - I am a converted WW and this seems so complicated but I need to do something else as WW just isn't working! Trying extra easy just trying ot get to grios with HEXA & B and syn values - thanks for the great advice - here goes then hoping to lose about 1.5 - 2 stones by August - looking forward to getting to know you all and supporting each other x

Thanks very much for this thread, I get confused very easily, and this has really helped and cleared my head. I start a class tomorrow night and im not set for being less nervous now.

Thanks again

thanks for the post, starting SW again tomorrow night and can't wait after reading all the positives on here

Christine x

Thank you very much for this, the past 2 weeks I have only lost 1/2lb each week and I've been wondering why. I didn't realise that healthy extras and syns were so important! I will change what I'm doing as I realise now I've not been doing the plan properly. How silly of me!

Off to find something for a few syns :D

I'm following my old book (4 yrs ago), the plan has changed a bit since then, but my class is not til Monday. So getting a head start, but can I ask.. the super speed foods which is still noted in the old book, but not suggested to use at all meal times. Shall I start using these til my class on Monday with my free foods? Also will a banana every day..slow down your loss as its not a speed food? I just find that if I eat my dinner before going to the gym, I can't do anything once I get there, so that fills me up and gives me energy.. but then eating say at 9.30pm or 10pm is just so late. So any ideas there?

Thanks

Speed foods are speed foods, they can speed up weight loss hence the name. They're not compolsury just a 'so you know' sort of thing. Banana's are great full of energy, high in potassium, one of your 5 a day and best of all free.

No I don't think so. You probably would want to have a large meal as it may well affect your sleeping but what about having a small meal before you to go to the gym and again when you get back?

I am a newbie, started today. I have printed your advice to take home and read tonight.

Thanks xx

Hi, newcomer to the forum here! :wave_cry:

I'm doing the SW diet but not going to classes, just giving it a bash at home. It will my third weigh in tomorrow. I have lost 3.5lbs in the first two weeks so am hoping for more of the same tomorrow.

I recently quit smoking and piled on the pounds and am now more determined than ever to lose this weight. I have a 2 year old son and a daughter on the way and want to live as long as possible to see them grow up so I'm ready for change. I found the wifes old SW books in the cupboard and decided to give it a go. So far so good and although I've only lost 3.5lbs I already feel so much healthier not eating pizza and chips all the time. Healthy food is yummy! :)

Just wanted to say hi people!

Good luck YFU it's great you want to do it for your kids, but remember to do it for yourself too. Slow and steady wins the race - you might get fustrated, but stick with it you'll get there in the end and we're all here for support.

Best of Luck,
Natt xxx

Thanks for the advice!

Well, good news at todays weigh in, I lost 2.5lbs so that makes it 6lbs in three weeks. I'm chuffed with that! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back