How Slimming World Works - Advice for Newbies (Updated for 2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone, ive just joined sw....i normaly do ww...but ive been doing ww for years and need a change..and the weight loss was slowing down loads.....my first wi is tomorrowat 10..ive been doing ee...

thank u so much for this thread, First post was brilliant read.

Thanks for this post! Its all clear in my head now!! x

I have just started sw yet again and this was just what i needed to hear, thanks so much xx

can someone explain the green plan & red plan ...

I only understand extra easy...?

If you read the OP it should explain it all but basically on green
meat and fish are not free and need to be synned or HEBs. On red it is the carbs that are not free and have to be synned or some of them can be used as a HEB

The bonus is that you get two HEa and two HEb and on green there is a wider range of HEbs than on EE

thanks for that :)

thank you

i read your thread about two months ago and you explained everything so clearly. i plan to lose seven stone and thanks to how you explained what it means ive lost 30 pounds so far so just wanted to say a big thank you.

hi!

are there any printables of the list of superfree choices on here - thinking i could stick them on my cupboards for quick reference - or shall o photocopy the book??

that way i can see what i need to fill my 1/3 of plate with ( is its superfree or superspeed? ahhhhhhh why so similiar!!!)

Unfortunately we cannot publish lists of foods on this site, so I would suggest photocopying pages 11 & 12 (from the new book).

Superfree are just fruit and vegetables that are free on RED + GREEN. Things like sweetcorn and peas are only free on Green, so you can have them on EE, but they don't make up 1/3 plate superfree.

Super speed foods are very filling but very low in calories so may speed up your weight loss.

Hia, thanks for this post its brilliant- I have been doing it a week and have gained 1lb, i am extremely dissapointed! I am doing the EE plan and i love it, i am having large portions of pasta etc but not stuffing until i feel sick, just pleasantly full. My club leader says i may be having too many bananas- i was having about 4 a day so have cut that down to 1. when you say it does not work for everyone, do you mean for some people it actually wont work at all and they wont be able to ever lose weight on SW?
Thanks 4 ur help and advice xxx

The ONLY way to lose weight is to burn off more calories than you take in. Luckily there are lots of companies who take the hard work out of it for us. It may be that your body doesn't need as many calories as you are taking in. I really don't know I'm not an expert. I would say try and have 3 meals a day with 1/3 of the plate full of superfree foods, have 1 A and 1 B - measured correctly and stick to the syns.

I would talk it over with your consultant who has been trained by the big wigs, which is more than can be said for me!!

Good Luck x

Can i ask for help please? do you have to have free or superfree foods with every meal, even breakfast? Like if I have cereal (crunchy bran & milk) do i have to have something else with it? Thanks for looking folks.

thanks very much. have read my books and getting a shopping list sorted too now- starting Monday- glad there is lots of support on here!

Hello,

I just wanted to say thank you so much for starting this thread. I have literally just started Slimming World and to be honest, I'm finding all the information a bit overwhelming (I'm hoping that's the same for most newbies - either that or I'm a just a bit slow).

This is my first ever proper attempt at a diet, I've tried to start my own one before but I've normally deprived myself for a few days and then given up and binged on crap and probably put on even more weight.

I'm currently 11 stone 4.5 lbs and my target weight is 10 stone and I plan to get there for Christmas. I love my food and I know that I'll never been a skinny minnie - but to be ten stone and to be able to wear skirts without tights and strappy tops without having to cover up with cardigans and to feel confident in a bikini, would honestly be the best christmas present ever!

Thank you for listening to me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back