How Slimming World Works - Advice for Newbies (Updated for 2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone

Please could I join your blog?

I'm new to SW after having done WW on and off for years and never got any slimmer.

I joined SW on Monday night and am determined this is the last time I will join a slimming club - I have to do it this time!!

Any tips or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
:)

Ditto for me too, but I joined SW last Thursday :)

This is SUCH a useful post - I've been on the plan for 3 1/2 weeks and I'm kind of afraid of using my syns, which is just silly now I properly think about what they're there for. I think I eat too much fruit and fill up on that, instead!

Thank you :)

Hi Everyone

Please could I join your blog?

I'm new to SW after having done WW on and off for years and never got any slimmer.

I joined SW on Monday night and am determined this is the last time I will join a slimming club - I have to do it this time!!

Any tips or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
:)

Same here Saddlebags, I just can't get on with the new programme.
Joined SW last night after seeing my sister do so well on it. :)

Great info Squiddie :)

squiddie said:
Prehaps adding them into meals? For example, a tbsp of oil is 6 syns, ketchup salad creme, mayo etc are all syns, cheese is 6 syns for 1 oz. Be careful as not all quorn products are free.

I hope that helps a little.
Natt xx

Hi is quorn mince free ?

Thank you

I have been on SW for almost a year. I've lost 3st 51/2lb so far. What you have devised is great explains the plan so well any newcomer will be able to get the idea straight away.

Great post Squiddie

This is a really helpful post, thanks, I've only been doing sw for 5 days so am still getting to grips with it all! x

I want to buy a little tin of you and carry you around in my handbag! - I have rejoined SW 4 weeks ago after failing last year as i never really understood it - this year i tried weight watchers OMG! STARVING.... didn't get anywhere! Hence the re-join in SW - the BEST decision i have ever made - I also live my life a bit too - I have only lost half a stone in 3 weeks but it is a loss and I have eating so healthily now - as opposed to eating rubbish on WW. I have read through all my books plan my monday to friday and let my hair down a tad on the weekend by using flexible syns - however usually on sunday - straight back on it - today i have a naughty day which is unplanned but must pull it back tomorrow..... you infomation is pricelss... thankyou so much i want to print it off and keep it with my food diarY"!!!!

Last edited:
Thanks all. Remember the perfect, healthiest weight loss is between 1 and 2lbs a week, which works out at 52lbs - 104lbs per year (3st 10lbs - 7st 6lbs)!

Keep going strong.

Free food query

Hi :)

Very new to all this. Joined sw online a week ago.
Am I supposed to keep the colours separated? If I'm on a red day do i only eat things coloured red? Likewise with the other options?
I have lost 3kg in the week but am convinced it's only because i'm no longer eating biscuits, bread, puds at every opportunity :eek:
Thanks x
:confused:

3kg is a good start! If you are following a red day, you should have mainly red free food (the red foods), 2 healthy extra A's and 2 healthy extra B's and upto 15 syns.

Same applies for a green day, except green red foods.

Hope that helps,
Natt xx

Thanks very much Squiddie :-D
That's a great help. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it soon :-D

Everyone is so helpful.
It's difficult to remember where I posted queries tho' lol
X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back