How Slimming World Works - Advice for Newbies (Updated for 2015)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advice re super frees

Hi :)
I treated myself to a Tesco, Light Choices, Sweet Chilli Chicken with Noodles for dinner tonight
(mmm :17729:), 4.5 syns, but as it was quite a plate full didn't have anything else with it. Should/could I have had anything else :confused:
I am aware I should be having 1/3 of my plate with super free food ;)
Thanks
Sorry if this is a stupid question :eek:
x

TwinkleToes2day said:
Hi :)
I treated myself to a Tesco, Light Choices, Sweet Chilli Chicken with Noodles for dinner tonight
(mmm :17729:), 4.5 syns, but as it was quite a plate full didn't have anything else with it. Should/could I have had anything else :confused:
I am aware I should be having 1/3 of my plate with super free food ;)
Thanks
Sorry if this is a stupid question :eek:
x

Yes you should have a 1/3 super free to boost your weight loss !! Fruit & yogurt for pudd :) make sure you eat lots of super speed

Hi Anne
Thanks for that. I did have lots of fruit after meal and throughout the evening, so I guess I did ok? I just wasn't sure if I should have had salad or veg at the same time :confused: Really want to do my best to make this work. :)

TwinkleToes2day said:
Hi Anne
Thanks for that. I did have lots of fruit after meal and throughout the evening, so I guess I did ok? I just wasn't sure if I should have had salad or veg at the same time :confused: Really want to do my best to make this work. :)

Your welcome :) yes you did ok !! It can be a tad confusing to start with but you will soon get into it , do you go to group? Have a good week :) x

Hello

Could I just check that Im doing EE right? Ive tried it a few times but either gained or STS, going to give it a good try again as Im trying to limit my carb intake and I just cannot do Red days.

So, I usually have banana and yogurt for breakfast. Eat loads of fruit during the day - melon, blueberries etc. Then for lunch I might have SW spanish omlette (potatoes, eggs, peas, some veg) and something like ready cooked chicken pieces. I think Im ok for dinners as I have an EE cook book - just get husband to make us somethign from that. So then Ill have a couple of yogurts and alpen light bars, and maybe some cheese (28g) if I fancy it. Syns are generally used on alcohol every day or two.

Is there anything there you can spot which seems glaringly wrong? Cant rly see why I dont lose doing it.

Your welcome :) yes you did ok !! It can be a tad confusing to start with but you will soon get into it , do you go to group? Have a good week :) x
Thanks again Anne
Unfortunately there is no group near me at all so I'm going it alone except for the gr8 help and advice I look for on here. Sometimes easier to speak face to face tho' but I'm determined to do my best which is a good start I guess.
Week ok so far, hope yours is going well
x

Thanks so very much for all this info, I am menopausal and its driving me mad lol just hope its not going to interfere with my weight loss tooooooo much as for stress, my hubby suffers with bi polar and he is HIGH at the mo which causes me stress and a lot less sleep!

This helpful thanks. I found in my first week I constantly had my head in my book! Also, getting used to the idea you can eat so much plays with your brain as usually we presume we will gain weight the more we eat. Of course I understand now that eating lots of super and speedy foods boosts the weight loss!!! I even snack on frozen berries (I think my brain thinks they are boiled sweeties haha!)
Jen x

Hello

Could I just check that Im doing EE right? Ive tried it a few times but either gained or STS, going to give it a good try again as Im trying to limit my carb intake and I just cannot do Red days.

So, I usually have banana and yogurt for breakfast. Eat loads of fruit during the day - melon, blueberries etc. Then for lunch I might have SW spanish omlette (potatoes, eggs, peas, some veg) and something like ready cooked chicken pieces. I think Im ok for dinners as I have an EE cook book - just get husband to make us somethign from that. So then Ill have a couple of yogurts and alpen light bars, and maybe some cheese (28g) if I fancy it. Syns are generally used on alcohol every day or two.

Is there anything there you can spot which seems glaringly wrong? Cant rly see why I dont lose doing it.

It doesnt mention your hex b.. What are you having for that? Maybe you could have cereal with yogurt if you dont want to use your hex a as well in the morning to last you for longer till lunch? Are you having your 1/3 super foods with every meal?

TwinkleToes2day said:
Thanks again Anne
Unfortunately there is no group near me at all so I'm going it alone except for the gr8 help and advice I look for on here. Sometimes easier to speak face to face tho' but I'm determined to do my best which is a good start I guess.
Week ok so far, hope yours is going well
x

That's a shame no group nearby :( were abouts are you ? Yes there's great advice on here it's a brilliant site :) I'm in the midst of starting my training to be a SW consultant off to head office next week ekkkkkkkk lol new group in may !! :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

That's a shame no group nearby :( were abouts are you ? Yes there's great advice on here it's a brilliant site :) I'm in the midst of starting my training to be a SW consultant off to head office next week ekkkkkkkk lol new group in may !! :)

I live in a small town near Elgin in Moray, NE Scotland, but not near enough to get to any group :sigh: but never mind ;)
I wish you the very best of luck in your training, I bet you will be a great advocate for the plan; your new group will be lucky to have you :D And think of all the new & luverly luverly people we will get to meet on here too :D Just don't forget us on here, :p
x

TwinkleToes2day said:
I live in a small town near Elgin in Moray, NE Scotland, but not near enough to get to any group :sigh: but never mind ;)
I wish you the very best of luck in your training, I bet you will be a great advocate for the plan; your new group will be lucky to have you :D And think of all the new & luverly luverly people we will get to meet on here too :D Just don't forget us on here, :p
x

That's a shame to far away from group I have tried online slimming b4 and find I get on better going to group but lots of guys on here support each other and don't do classes :) Thank you very much and yes I'm looking forward to meeting lots of new ppl :) as I don't no so many ppl were I live I moved here about 5 years ago and it's not the same as back home so I need to get out into the community !! Not a chance won't forget you guys on here I love this site and I've picked up loads of tips on here and taken them to class :) good luck on your slimming world journey :)

That's a shame to far away from group I have tried online slimming b4 and find I get on better going to group but lots of guys on here support each other and don't do classes :) Thank you very much and yes I'm looking forward to meeting lots of new ppl :) as I don't no so many ppl were I live I moved here about 5 years ago and it's not the same as back home so I need to get out into the community !! Not a chance won't forget you guys on here I love this site and I've picked up loads of tips on here and taken them to class :) good luck on your slimming world journey :)

And good luck to you too ;)
Don't forget to let us know how the training & new group are going :D
x

TwinkleToes2day said:
And good luck to you too ;)
Don't forget to let us know how the training & new group are going :D
x

Thank you :) Will do Fridays getting closer !!! I must say looking at your losses your doing marvellous well done and doing it yourself :)

Anne2705 said:
Thank you :) Will do Fridays getting closer !!! I must say looking at your losses your doing marvellous well done and doing it yourself :) !!!!

Thanks Anne, I get lots of tips and ideas from this site. And seeing others reach their targets or seeing how far others have come makes me think ''I can do that too''. Also, actually, the little NSV's mean a lot too and give such a boost, however small! :D

I'm not sure EE is working for me, first week no loss, 2nd week lost 2lb, this week 1/2lb. :cry:

I know very little about Green Days, I do feel I am having too many carbs with the Free Foods (ie cereal, pasta, rice, potatoes, etc.), anybody have any ideas on this?

Thanks

OKay the first thing to do is not panic and make any rash decisions about changing plans. You need to give any plan a minimum of four weeks before you can say if it working or not.

Next, post your food diary on here so we can see what you are eating - we may spot something you are doing wrong or can make suggestions on how to improve your menu plan.

What was your diet like before SW and how close to target are you? Both of these can affect losses, as can hormonal changes and a multitude of other things. And remember that you have lost 2.5 lbs in three weeks which isn't bad at all - it's a bag of sugar!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back